1st print Monster Manual differences?
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:51 pm 

I've aquired two 1st printing Monster Manuals, but one has a red flyleaf and the other has a yellow flyleaf.  Is there a collecting difference between the two and if so what is it?

Mike Stewart
Unrepentant OD&D and OAD&D Fan

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:01 am 

Hi Sieg, welcome to the acaeum! Please be sure to introduce yourself in the "Introduce Yourself Fellow Collectors" topic.  Can you provide us with pictures of your 1st print with the yellow flyleaf?  Thanks!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:12 am 

Will this become a new rare? A true first? A factory fluk?  Who knows.  And has anybody figured out which is a true first.... the chicken or the egg

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:18 pm 

Kosh, we still haven't seen a picture, etc to verify this. I'm hesitant to believe this until I can see a picture or a verification from another member. Its like me saying I found a Monster Manual 1st print with a pink flyleaf. Its the fairy MM!  :roll:

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:58 pm 

Hey guys,    Alas, I don't have the ability to take pics.  I bought the yellow flyleaf cover from a guy on Dragonsfoot (Basil).  Are there any specific markings on the cover I should look for?  Will go to the intro thread...! :-)

Mike Stewart

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:19 pm 

There was a mix up here with the books.  The 1st print PHB is the one with the yellow flyleaf.  Both MM's have the red.  Apologies for the confusion.  We now return you to your regularly scheduled collecting.... :-)

Mike Stewart