RD1 - Ruby Dragon
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:51 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I was unable to pay him using eBay as his account was closed, and PayPal wouldn't process the payment as his account with them was suspended pending investigation. I tried e-mailing him with a view to sending funds (and getting a legit address) but no reply. So I just left it.

well what goes around comes around. i have no problem at all ian being the fortunate person in his episode. jonb stiffed me out of funds in his previous incarnation, so if someone benefits at a later time cos of jonb's feckups then thats cool with me.

i have dealt with ian many times and have found him to be a top guy. he would never do anything underhand. if he says events unfolded as he mentioned, i trust him 100%.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:02 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I was unable to pay him using eBay as his account was closed, and PayPal wouldn't process the payment as his account with them was suspended pending investigation. I tried e-mailing him with a view to sending funds (and getting a legit address) but no reply. So I just left it.

I thought his addy was legit last time.

Would you mind being used as bait should he return, in order to obtain a "new" physical addy before he has a chance to go awry again? ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:23 am 

harami2000 wrote:Would you mind being used as bait should he return, in order to obtain a "new" physical addy before he has a chance to go awry again? ;)

if i find his feckin physical addy, i am gonna go over there and give him a piece of my mind...better still a piece of my fist :x

am gonna go the next gencon with luck, so while i am there, i am gonna take a little side-trip.

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:09 am 

killjoy32 wrote:well what goes around comes around. i have no problem at all ian being the fortunate person in his episode. jonb stiffed me out of funds in his previous incarnation, so if someone benefits at a later time cos of jonb's feckups then thats cool with me.

i have dealt with ian many times and have found him to be a top guy. he would never do anything underhand. if he says events unfolded as he mentioned, i trust him 100%.

Al

I agree 100% on both counts.  :)

-Devon

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:41 pm 

Plan B =  Killjoy and I will take a little side trip.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:53 pm 

Prufrock wrote:Plan B = Killjoy and I will take a little side trip.

Martin

lol :)

well the guy will get his comeuppance someday, mark my words...his time up is WELL past its sell by date.

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:05 pm 

I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up after Christmas. He's got that Kobald Hall you're after, Alan.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:21 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up after Christmas. He's got that Kobald Hall you're after, Alan.

yes and i will go and collect it in person too :)

however, if anyone else wants to pass one of them my way, PLEASE let me know :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:39 pm 

No worries, Al. There'll be one in BTB's next free stuff givaway. :D
That's a damned fine tourney you just won BTW.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:51 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:No worries, Al. There'll be one in BTB's next free stuff givaway. :D
That's a damned fine tourney you just won BTW.

another nice one to add to the collection! was quite surprised someone didnt snipe me there, but am certainly not complaining at all :) quality looks to be spot on, so yes, very happy!

Are we nearly there yet?

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:25 pm 

Okay WoW .. never in a million years did I ever think I would see something like this.

Thank you for the somewhat positive review .. I think .. but anyway.

Okay, a little background.  I wrote this as a 7 part mini-campaign for D&D Tournaments at a Gaming convention called "WarZone" back in the late 80's and early 90's.  Each Convention (5 per year around the state of Florida) was a 24 hr slug fest (Saturday 9am ~ Sunday 9am). It all started with 6 players and in 3 years became an 18-24 player massive campaign.  The original 6 players each had henchmen and underlings that traveled with them on each leg of the journey.

After the first couple years of doing it I kept getting players asking me if they could buy the Campaign set.  I got with some friends and we took all my notes and changes, put it in printable form, took it down to KINKO's and had 50 copies printed out. I did submit it to TSR and they offered to buy it for .03 a word, no royalties, no contract for further modules.  The only positive that came out of it was that they did offer me a position on the "Living City" circuit as a "certified" tournament DM.  I did do this for 4 years until the TSR internal conflict near destroyed the company, and Living City was cancelled. TSR was infamous for "acquiring" concept material and giving NO credit to the original authors.  

I never compiled and printed the rest of the series, even though I still have them here in raw typed form RD2 - RD5.  As TSR was failing and the PC generation was exploding with online gaming the effort vs reward was not compelling. Life, marriage, kids , ect ..here near 20 years later my last 2 Copies sit on the book shelf.

Thank you for your time.
N. Alan Patterson

Karma does not lose an address.

WWW YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:13 am 

N.AlanPatterson wrote in RD1 - Ruby Dragon:Okay WoW .. never in a million years did I ever think I would see something like this.

Thank you for the somewhat positive review .. I think .. but anyway.

Okay, a little background.  I wrote this as a 7 part mini-campaign for D&D Tournaments at a Gaming convention called "WarZone" back in the late 80's and early 90's.  Each Convention (5 per year around the state of Florida) was a 24 hr slug fest (Saturday 9am ~ Sunday 9am). It all started with 6 players and in 3 years became an 18-24 player massive campaign.  The original 6 players each had henchmen and underlings that traveled with them on each leg of the journey.

After the first couple years of doing it I kept getting players asking me if they could buy the Campaign set.  I got with some friends and we took all my notes and changes, put it in printable form, took it down to KINKO's and had 50 copies printed out. I did submit it to TSR and they offered to buy it for .03 a word, no royalties, no contract for further modules.  The only positive that came out of it was that they did offer me a position on the "Living City" circuit as a "certified" tournament DM.  I did do this for 4 years until the TSR internal conflict near destroyed the company, and Living City was cancelled. TSR was infamous for "acquiring" concept material and giving NO credit to the original authors.  

I never compiled and printed the rest of the series, even though I still have them here in raw typed form RD2 - RD5.  As TSR was failing and the PC generation was exploding with online gaming the effort vs reward was not compelling. Life, marriage, kids , ect ..here near 20 years later my last 2 Copies sit on the book shelf.

Thank you for your time.
N. Alan Patterson

Thanks for popping on!  There exists a market for old school material now, you should print up another 50 copies and give it a go, you might be surprised.  Take pre-orders if you aren't sure how many you would sell.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:21 am 

I'd be interested.   :)

I'd be interested in one of your two copies too!   :lol:

Carpe DM!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:52 am 

I would also be interested in two copies.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:53 am 

yeah, count me in for two copies as well if you go through with it!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:43 am 

i'm assuming that you are planning on keeping your two remaining originals. but if you are thinking of selling either of them, i too would be very interested in buying one.

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:42 am 

Hi,

I'm interested too please.

Cheers,
Karen

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:43 am 

Count me in!   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

PreviousNext