RD1 - Ruby Dragon
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:40 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Ruby Dragon never turned up. Those on the ball will note the neg. feedback. I've had to go to PayPal to try to recover funds. I have my Credit Card as a fall back. Does anyone know how long back you can make a claim on a credit card?

Should be 90 days for the transaction date.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:06 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:Ruby Dragon never turned up. Those on the ball will note the neg. feedback. I've had to go to PayPal to try to recover funds. I have my Credit Card as a fall back. Does anyone know how long back you can make a claim on a credit card?

Should be 90 days for the transaction date.

i did three last month from 1st to 9th Feb 2005...... and they all came through ok....i have a feeling each card has its own regs ian......so might be worth checking with them.

fwiw chummer...... i wouldnt even bother with paypal, i just went straight to my card and they sorted it A-ok for me within a week - no hassles at all bar for a little info on what i would have expected the delivery times/dates to be.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:21 pm 

Bear in mind that this is only US law, but I would imagine you guys have something very similar set up regarding chargebacks:

Regulation E - Electronic Fund Transfer

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:12 pm 

You might still receive it, from looking at his feedback it seems he's been monumentally slow shipping and has been getting slower as time goes on, so you might still see it, or maybe the neg will get his ass in gear and he'll finally put a stamp on the envelope and send it out.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:13 pm 

Badmike wrote:You might still receive it, from looking at his feedback it seems he's been monumentally slow shipping and has been getting slower as time goes on, so you might still see it, or maybe the neg will get his ass in gear and he'll finally put a stamp on the envelope and send it out.

Mike B.

He volentarily refunded me in full, then left retalatory negative feedback. I don't imagine anything will ever arrive now. It's been over a month. But he could have been more beligerant if he'd wanted to be, so he seems to have done the decent thing.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:47 pm 

I'd expect an offer to "mutually withdraw" (if you haven't gotten one already). Remember to check into getting your feedback removed based on the usage of your name.

I think it will work . . .

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:58 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:I'd expect an offer to "mutually withdraw" (if you haven't gotten one already). Remember to check into getting your feedback removed based on the usage of your name.

I think it will work . . .

Thanks for the advice. Will do.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:00 pm 

Hi All, (Hi Jon... I know you read these forums)

Our friendly eBay have agreed to remove the negative feedback from my account on the grounds that it breaches their policy, however, they have pointed out that they will also remove any negative feedback placed on ETC's account.

Their policy is that if someone leaves negative feedback on your account, you can leave negative feedback on their's, and that if you want the negative feedback removed then post their name and phone number.

They won't remove one negative feedback comment without removing the other.

Now that is a great tactic! If anyone gives me a neg, I'll post their name and telephone number and I can keep my account clean. Now that's cool.

So here is my response to eBay.

Dear Sirs,

I understand then that you have confirmed that if I receive negative feedback on my account, I can post feedback detailing a customers telephone number and name, and you will remove the negative feedback from my account.

My name was posted specifically to prevent negative feedback remaining on the sellers account.

I am concerned that eBay have put in place a policy that allows negative feedback to be removed with this tactic, but as this is your policy I will be sure to use it in future.

Please clarify why you allow this to happen.

Your policy is aimed toward discriminating against honest buyers and sellers in preference to supporting those who breach eBay policy to maintain a clean record.

I note that you have previously removed negeative feedback from this sellers account, and that you have been made aware that this seller is the same seller that operated accounts under the eBay ID the_game_emporium and the eBay ID the_eastern_treasure_chest.

Your system is being exploited by someone who has experience at fraud. I realise you have no vested interest in preventing this as he is paying you money, but when you remove negative feedback left by an honest buyer you are actively supporting his activities and his fraud.

I trust you will remove negative feedback from my account if I post the buyers name and phone number on open forum.

Faithfully,

I'll let you know what they say.

Yes, Jon. I've highlighted again to eBay that you are the_game_emporium and the_eastern_trasure_chest.

On a note to others here, the more e-mails eBay get concerning the removal tactics for negative feedback and the previous operating of the seller at the_eastern_treasure_chest and the_game_emporium, the more likely they are to take things seriously. They do keep a log count of 'complaints against this seller' in the same manner as they log breaches to listing policy.

Lets get that complaint count up.[/quote]

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:01 pm 

eBay have confirmed by e-mail that the feedback containing my name violates eBay policy.

They have not removed the feedback, nor have they responded to any of the e-mails of formes I've filled out over the past 3 weeks.

Can anyone tell me how to contact eBay if they are blanking me by e-mail?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:21 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Can anyone tell me how to contact eBay if they are blanking me by e-mail?

Ian, you can write to them at:

eBay Headquarters:

eBay Inc.
2145 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, California 95125

If you address the letter to folks at the Executive Team at 404 Error: Not Found - eBay Inc. you may get lucky.  Oddly, I don't see a Pres/VP of Customer Service listed, which is a pretty strange to me in an organziation like eBay.  Perhaps William C. Cobb would be your best bet??

I don't know their phone number offhand, but if you're curious, I've also got friends there, too, so perhaps they could dig around for someone for you via their internal contacts.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:13 am 

grodog wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:Can anyone tell me how to contact eBay if they are blanking me by e-mail?

Ian, you can write to them at:

eBay Headquarters:

eBay Inc.
2145 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, California 95125

If you address the letter to folks at the Executive Team at 404 Error: Not Found - eBay Inc. you may get lucky. Oddly, I don't see a Pres/VP of Customer Service listed, which is a pretty strange to me in an organziation like eBay. Perhaps William C. Cobb would be your best bet??

I don't know their phone number offhand, but if you're curious, I've also got friends there, too, so perhaps they could dig around for someone for you via their internal contacts.

Looks like Bill Cobb or Brian Burke are suitable recipients regarding feedback policy:
June 2005

And it might be worth having a stab at their email addess e.g. [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], etc. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:02 am 

Thanks guys. I've sent off an e-mail to see if I get any luck. If that fails and I get no luck by next week, I'll post an advert on eBay as an auction  sale item.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:07 am 

Badmike wrote:

You might still receive it, from looking at his feedback it seems he's been monumentally slow shipping and has been getting slower as time goes on, so you might still see it, or maybe the neg will get his ass in gear and he'll finally put a stamp on the envelope and send it out.

Mike B.

Did it eventually show up, or did you manage to locate another copy?  (If you did, it might herald his next incarnation...remain ever vigilant, folks...)

cgi.ebay.ca/RD1-Tale-of-the-Ruby-Dragon ... dZViewItem

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:18 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
Badmike wrote:

Mike B.

Did it eventually show up, or did you manage to locate another copy? (If you did, it might herald his next incarnation...remain ever vigilant, folks...)

cgi.ebay.ca/RD1-Tale-of-the-Ruby-Dragon ... dZViewItem

Yes, give us the info also...is it any good?  How long is it?  What is the plotline?  Inquiring minds want to know.... :)

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:04 pm 

The one up on eBay is the one copy I bought from Jonb/ETC/TGE 'I'm a fecking US marine!', or whatever he's calling himself this next time around.

There was nothing nefarious in it's purchase. I paid for airmail. I waited four weeks and it didn't turn up. He was starting to clock up some serious negative feedback, and I made a claim through PayPal. Two weeks later he refunds my money and we exchange negative feedback. Some eight weeks after payment the module turns up in a battered economy surface mail envelope that looks like it was delivered by an incontenant donkey. But the nodule was well packed and in good nick. By this time Jonb is 'no longer a registered user', so I have the module and the money. I might be the luckiest person to deal with Jonb/ETC/TGE. I'm not complaining.

RD1 Tale of the Ruby Dragon by N. Alan Patterson
An AD&D 2nd Edition Forgotten Realms Scenario for 4-6 characters levels 1-5.
Your basic recover important magical items from a Dragon's hoard within a dungeon type adventure. Its flexible enough not to have to be ties to Forgotten Realms, comes with pregenerated characters should you wish to use them (I like this idea, 'cos it gives you an idea of what level, and how well equipped, your party should be), and it appears to be competently written (Dungeon Magazine competent I'd say). There is an indication of 'future parts' (presumably RD2, RD3) but I don't think we'll ever see them.
In fact I'd be surprised if we ever see another one of these, either.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... T&rd=1

There are 8 of you watching it. Go on. Buy-it-Now. You know you want to.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:28 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:By this time Jonb is 'no longer a registered user', so I have the module and the money. I might be the luckiest person to deal with Jonb/ETC/TGE. I'm not complaining.

Hrrm... How many attempts did you make to pay when the mod finally turned up?

Had noticed it on your for-sale list, but wasn't going to ask until that was raised here.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:55 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:There was nothing nefarious in it's purchase...I might be the luckiest person to deal with Jonb/ETC/TGE. I'm not complaining.

Sweet! :)  Now I'm glad I asked. :)  But I'm not hittin' the BIN, sorry dude.  Hopefully someone will.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:46 am 

harami2000 wrote:Hrrm... How many attempts did you make to pay when the mod finally turned up?

As I recall, we exchanged negative feedback, during which Jonb published my name in the feedback as a means of having the negatives removed by eBay. There was a whole problem with eBay not being able to remove feedback from an inactive account even if it contravieved thei policy. I had to go to head office to have my name removed from his feedback.

I was unable to pay him using eBay as his account was closed, and PayPal wouldn't process the payment as his account with them was suspended pending investigation. I tried e-mailing him with a view to sending funds (and getting a legit address) but no reply. So I just left it.

PreviousNext