Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:26 pm 

I'd like a copy or two as well.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:04 pm 

I would like a copy as well :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:41 am 

First and foremost,

THANK YOU

All of you have been fantastic, the guidance and positive feedback I have gotten in the past week has been insane. Ian, Mark, Bill ... I can not thank you enough for all your time and effort answering my plethora of questions.
I'm just an like little kid right now, pulling out my old books, mini's, maps and going nuts.

My thoughts on publication;

A: My priority is to protect the value of my first "run" and those that bought them. I am not a "collector" but I am well versed in the "print" value concept.
B: I love the idea of doing a "Acaeum Collectors Edition" for you guys / gals ONLY ..and yes, I will sign and number each one (buys stock in Ibuprofen).
C: When all is said and done I want to actually Finish the entire series RD1 > RD7 and make it atractive to the 21st century geek ..opps, I mean gamer  :lol:

I am leaving most of this up to the experts, I'm just a crazy, creative writer not a publisher or collector.  What was it that Carnegy said " I did not get rich by being smart, I got wealthy by surrounding myself with people smarter then me."

On a side note;
For years I have wanted to hang that RD5 poster in the house. My wife always argued ..this is not a bachelor pad anymore, we don't live in a gaming store.
This past weekend my wife said ..I think we need a better frame for that, if it's going to be hanging in the living room. hahahahaha  Thanks guys ..one small win for the gamer in me.  :mrgreen:
Hey been married a long time, I take all the small wins I can get !!!

Once again, Thank you all.
N. Alan Patterson

WWW YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:51 pm 

updated "Acaeum Collectos edition" list:

1.        cdenham
2.        Gnat
3.        misterspock
4.        stratochamp (original only?)
5.        Versimilitude
6.        benjoshua
7.        aia
8.        lokiwookie
9.        Thunderdave
10.        PM-Knight
11.        mbassoc2003
12.        Prufrock
13.        JasonZavoda
14.       Burntwire Bros
15.       Throwi
16.       Chuco 68
17.       dbartman
18.       Blackmoor

hope this helps!
ciaooo

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:09 pm 

aia wrote in RD1 - Ruby Dragon:updated "Acaeum Collectos edition" list:

1.        cdenham
2.        Gnat
3.        misterspock
4.        stratochamp (original only?)
5.        Versimilitude
6.        benjoshua
7.        aia
8.        lokiwookie
9.        Thunderdave
10.        PM-Knight
11.        mbassoc2003
12.        Prufrock
13.        JasonZavoda
14.       Burntwire Bros
15.       Throwi
16.       Chuco 68
17.       dbartman
18.       Blackmoor

hope this helps!
ciaooo

SEE THE FIRST POST IN THE POLL THREAD. DO NOT USE THE POST ABOVE.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:25 pm 

Is it too late to jump on board?  I would be interested in 1 copy if available.

Thanks, Dane

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:00 pm 

Added (and paid)!!!   :)

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:33 pm 

Guess who's reviewing this soon?!?!?!??!!

"I have seen the future. It is a thousand thousand thousands version of this. AND IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:33 pm 

Bryce0lynch wrote in RD1 - Ruby Dragon:Guess who's reviewing this soon?!?!?!??!!

"I have seen the future. It is a thousand thousand thousands version of this. AND IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Are you posting your review on DF? If so you should post a copy here as well.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:37 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote in RD1 - Ruby Dragon:
Bryce0lynch wrote in RD1 - Ruby Dragon:Guess who's reviewing this soon?!?!?!??!!

Here it is....

RD1 -- Tale of the Ruby Dragon | tenfootpole.org

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:54 pm 

bbarsh wrote in RD1 - Ruby Dragon:
JasonZavoda wrote in RD1 - Ruby Dragon:

Here it is....

RD1 -- Tale of the Ruby Dragon | tenfootpole.org

"It's like the most bad ass junior high dragon boner fantasy of all time!"

Bryce has a way with words :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:43 pm 

If for any reason, you do not have your copy, please send me an email or pm with your order and address. DO NOT post it here! It will only slow things down.

I am pretty sure they have all gone out, actually some time ago now. But there are more than a few people who never paid or responded to numerous requests for information. So, yes, I have a few extras. I really do not want them. I have my copy and I am good with that. This was supposed to be a pure Acaeum project and I don't want extras lying about.

[email protected]

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:46 pm 

Is it too late to order a copy?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:54 pm 

bbarsh wrote in RD1 - Ruby Dragon:If for any reason, you do not have your copy, please send me an email or pm with your order and address. DO NOT post it here! It will only slow things down.

I am pretty sure they have all gone out, actually some time ago now. But there are more than a few people who never paid or responded to numerous requests for information. So, yes, I have a few extras. I really do not want them. I have my copy and I am good with that. This was supposed to be a pure Acaeum project and I don't want extras lying about.

[email protected]

Just another reminder :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:04 pm 

I saw where Thunderdave was selling his copy of RD1, Tale of the Ruby Dragon and it sold on eBay for $99.95!  I decided I'd like to sell my copy, but I noticed some differences between our copies.  His copy has the limited edition number (#81/95) on the back of the adventure.  

** expired/removed eBay auction **

My Limited Edition number (#25/90) is on the front.  Mine is also signed by the author (on the front cover) and his is not.

Why the differences?  Was there one Limited Edition printing of 95 copies (maybe sold only at GenCon?) and another, additional Limited Edition printing of 90 copies(by mail?)?  When I list it, I'd prefer to have my information correct.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

I also read the adventure for the first time, and it is old-school goodness.  Bryce's Ten-foot Pole Review (link above) is on the spot.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:38 pm 

I'm terrible at remember details, here's what I recall,

The three versions are here:

Attachment:
IMG_2554.jpg

right - original, note how tight the lettering ink is and the artwork is pretty faint

center - signed, numbered of x/95, this is the copy I received from the Acaeum pre-sales.  I see now despite being around 9th on the list, I received a number in the 30s

left - I bought this from the Pacesetter booth direct from Bill at GenCon.  The numbering is x/95.  Mine was in the 80s, either he sold a ton at the booth (unlikely at $35?), or was selling them before  GC2013, or who knows wasn't selling them in order

Attachment:
IMG_2555.jpg

You can see artifacts from scanning/printing the two reprints and there are the same pattern.  So i would guess he printed 200 or so and sent half of them to the author to sign.

I saw some ebay sales, one or two I think of the signed Acaeum version before I listed mine and they went over $100 IIRC, hence my asking price for the non-signed.  I can't see any significance for numbering the non-signed version, aside from Bill as doing that on all his modules from that time- running off a hundred or so and just putting a number on them.  Upon reflection, I do find it tough to believe he sold 90 of them at $35.  

If Bill sees this, maybe chime in with any details, I'd be curious too if there was more info as to where they all went and how they were distributed.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2020 5:06 pm 

I am very grateful for your quick and helpful reply!  Thank you!   :)

Thunderdave wrote in RD1 - Ruby Dragon: So i would guess he printed 200 or so and sent half of them to the author to sign.

My copy is 25/90, so it appears he sent 90 copies for the author to sign, or maybe it was 100, and he had 10 copies signed but un-numbered?  For the author to keep, perhaps?  Or some other reason?

Thunderdave wrote in RD1 - Ruby Dragon:I saw some ebay sales, one or two I think of the signed Acaeum version before I listed mine and they went over $100 IIRC, hence my asking price for the non-signed.  I can't see any significance for numbering the non-signed version, aside from Bill as doing that on all his modules from that time- running off a hundred or so and just putting a number on them.  

I am thinking about starting the price at $149.00 since my copy is signed and see what happens.

Thunderdave wrote in RD1 - Ruby Dragon:Upon reflection, I do find it tough to believe he sold 90 of them at $35.

You think he sold more?  Like around 200?

Thunderdave wrote in RD1 - Ruby Dragon:If Bill sees this, maybe chime in with any details, I'd be curious too if there was more info as to where they all went and how they were distributed.

I'd be interested in that information too.   :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

PreviousNext