Dragon Pass Maps
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:47 am 

I've got a set of the expanded maps from Dragon Pass. Seven notebook sized sheets of paper, by Greg Stafford, including Duck Point, Snake Pipe, and Squat Inn at the scale of 1"=5km.

Any idea what those are worth these days?

I'm thinking of selling them as a set rather than as individual pages.

Regards,

Stephen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:43 pm 

Steve---

The folks at Issaries have been asking Tadashi on and off for details about any old RQ notes that he may have---before you do sell these, would you please run them by Greg and Issaries to see if they're interested?  If you email me, I'll send you Greg's email address if you don't already have it.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:55 pm 

grodog wrote:Steve---

The folks at Issaries have been asking Tadashi on and off for details about any old RQ notes that he may have---before you do sell these, would you please run them by Greg and Issaries to see if they're interested? If you email me, I'll send you Greg's email address if you don't already have it.

Heya, Allan.

Just a note aside, again, that there were a good few Rune cult mss. (not all tracked down in print, although they mostly should've been sent to JG) and other RQ notes in the "misc materials" lot here.
Oh, plus Steve's original review comment on receiving his copy of RQ, with which I agree 100%. 8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:28 pm 

grodog wrote:Steve---

The folks at Issaries have been asking Tadashi on and off for details about any old RQ notes that he may have---before you do sell these, would you please run them by Greg and Issaries to see if they're interested? If you email me, I'll send you Greg's email address if you don't already have it.

I'll run a photocopy and send it to Steve Martin, or a scan. Didn't realize he'd want that.

I'll e-mail him tonight and find out what he prefers.

BTW, anyone have any idea on value?

Regards,

Stephen

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:42 pm 

Ethesis wrote:BTW, anyone have any idea on value?

Been thinking 'bout that as well, Steve.
Kinda difficult, since I haven't seen any pics and don't know what date they are... You were in touch with Chaosium before you got your copy of Runequest, though, IIRC?

In Greg's hand/with annotations, start at a reasonable three-digit figure and work upwards, I suspect.
(Am just guessing, but know that if I'd jump to get them there are at least a dozen other people who would do so, too).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:57 pm 

Well, as soon as Paul has sold my orange princess and the misc. other stuff, I'll send him the maps, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Hope he is ok, his home telephone number keeps dumping me into the Union Pacific voice mail system.

Regards,

Stephen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:02 pm 

Ethesis wrote:Well, as soon as Paul has sold my orange princess and the misc. other stuff, I'll send him the maps, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Hope he is ok, his home telephone number keeps dumping me into the Union Pacific voice mail system.

I am pretty sure that  I have seen him log on a least once if not a few times over the last few days. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:41 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Ethesis wrote:Well, as soon as Paul has sold my orange princess and the misc. other stuff, I'll send him the maps, unless someone has a better suggestion.

I am pretty sure that I have seen him log on a least once if not a few times over the last few days. :?

So have I, the voice mail quirk is a strange one.  Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, just seemed strange.

BTW, I talked with Steve Martin, the maps I have are the same ones he has, so he doesn't need copies.  He is a trooper.

Well, I leave on vacation Friday, lose contact with the internet from Saturday until May.

Regards,

Stephen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:34 pm 

I spoke to Paul on Thursday or so last week, IIRC, and he was doing fine then, FWIW.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:17 am 

grodog wrote:

I spoke to Paul on Thursday or so last week, IIRC, and he was doing fine then, FWIW.

Hmm, turns out that his telephone number in my cell phone got corrupted.

That is really strange.

Anyway, heard from him, let him know I'll be out of town until May 3.  He is going to make a run at selling some misc. stuff and my orange princess.  I should have left it in the shrink wrap (I opened that within the last year, stupid me, just curious).

The cell phone stuff is just weird.  Ah well.

Regards,

Stephen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:23 am 

Thanks for checking with Steve @ Issaries, Steve, and have a great vacation.  You going anywhere fun and interesting?

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:38 am 

grodog wrote:Thanks for checking with Steve @ Issaries, Steve, and have a great vacation. You going anywhere fun and interesting?

We are going to Paris to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.

As I understand it, Issaries now has RQ, mechanics and trademark, back. I understand that they are interested in doing a re-release of RQ in the original rules format, as it still has a player base (heck, when I do manage to get out and over, I still play it).

The problem is that they have no one to do it, and Chaosium is probably too busy with Call of Cthulhu and Stormbringer and the monograph series to take the time.

But the possibility is open now, whereas AH had pretty much shelved it.

What it needs is a new release, set somewhere besides Dragon Pass -- such as near what is left of Jrustili or in the Holy Lands/Pharoh's domain or perhaps the Redlands. Glorantha, but another area.

I think the ideal would be to try to draft Paul Jacquays into doing a rules set and scenario based on Sandy Petersen's current campaign. Paul has gone back to art and works for an RTS company, so he may have the mental space for it -- he surely has just the right touch.

Though, you can see my "regular folks" campaign (a campaign for starting characters) at Regular Folks Campaign -- exactly the sort of thing that needs to be packaged with the new rules.

Regards,

Stephen