Baldur's Gate game manuals???
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:20 pm 

Are there any collectable value to PC game manuals? I have a manuals for Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2.

Thanx for any help.

The Wraith - [email protected]

Yin & Yang Productions on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/yinyangpro

WWW ICQ YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:39 pm 

The Wraith wrote:Are there any collectable value to PC game manuals? I have a manuals for Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2.

Thanx for any help.

My guess is that they don't have any collectable value -- but you may get something for them on eBay if someone desperately needed one.  In my experience many of these manuals aren't very well done, and the best way to learn the game is to just jump in.  

(I have some unpunched, mint condition translation wheels from the gold box series if anyone wants to prove me wrong...  :twisted: )

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:26 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:My guess is that they don't have any collectable value -- but you may get something for them on eBay if someone desperately needed one. In my experience many of these manuals aren't very well done, and the best way to learn the game is to just jump in.

That's kinda what I had figured, but just wanted to make sure.

Just threw out some old EverCrack manuals the other day. Guess these will join them.

The Wraith - [email protected]

Yin & Yang Productions on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/yinyangpro

WWW ICQ YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:31 pm 

The Wraith wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:My guess is that they don't have any collectable value -- but you may get something for them on eBay if someone desperately needed one. In my experience many of these manuals aren't very well done, and the best way to learn the game is to just jump in.

That's kinda what I had figured, but just wanted to make sure.

Just threw out some old EverCrack manuals the other day. Guess these will join them.

Hell, if you are going to throw them out, I'll take them. Never know when you may need spares. 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:43 pm 

I collect the strategy guides. There is one for Baldur's Gate, too. I think the manuals are only collectible, as long as they're inside the original game box with the rest of the stuff (CD or Floppy Disk etc.).

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:54 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:I collect the strategy guides. There is one for Baldur's Gate, too. I think the manuals are only collectible, as long as they're inside the original game box with the rest of the stuff (CD or Floppy Disk etc.).

I'm a rich man then.
Got all the Gold Box series, Baldur's Gates, Icewind Dales...all in boxes still.
Anyone ever hear of Darklands? I can no longer play my copy (DOS 4.0 game). Real time combat in medieval germany game. Very cool. Came on 11 (IIRC) 5.25" floppys.

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:14 pm 

Very belated reply on this, but I haven't visited this site in a while and am doing a lot of catching up. I collect older PC games and can tell you that the manuals by themselves are probably not worth much. Complete games sell for much more than fragmented ones.

As far as the gold box series, they generally don't fetch much of a premium on eBay, even though they were very popular, well done games for the most part. There must be many of them still floating around. I know I wouldn't sell mine, however. =)

Ultimas are a different story, and the early ones can bring premium prices on eBay, if complete with cloth maps, etc.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:26 pm 

The Planescape: Torment strategy guide does fairly well on resale.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "