ST1 Up the Garden Path for sale
Author

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:04 pm 

Hi Jon,

This is a lovely piece and as for the condition, i think its exelent. what would you expect after 15 years of destruction from your mums feather duster. I would like to make an offer but i am short on funds, how about a candle light dinner with me followed by a night of really long, really hard d&d, ill let you be DM. Remember really long and really hard. I do think that this is worth around the $2000 mark.

Hope you sell for lots, so you are rich and can affored that black,silk diomond encrusted cape youve always wanted, good lick

P.S. REALLY long and REALLY hard.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:12 pm 

conehead the barbarian wrote:Hi Jon,

This is a lovely piece and as for the condition, i think its exelent. what would you expect after 15 years of destruction from your mums feather duster. I would like to make an offer but i am short on funds, how about a candle light dinner with me followed by a night of really long, really hard d&d, ill let you be DM. Remember really long and really hard. I do think that this is worth around the $2000 mark.

Hope you sell for lots, so you are rich and can affored that black,silk diomond encrusted cape youve always wanted, good lick

Is this Cougar?! 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:14 pm 

no, what makes you think that

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:38 pm 

conehead the barbarian wrote:Hi Jon,

What are you trying to imply, if I may ask?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:43 pm 

conehead the barbarian wrote:no, what makes you think that

Well, your "DM" in your tagline for one..............

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:54 pm 

I think it might be Maxine. The English is worse than Draco's, and he is a man interested in another man.
Obviously it is someone screwing around. Ban the idiot. The Acaeum should start requiring credit card registration in order to be a member. Keep these frigging idiots away.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:57 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I think it might be Maxine. The English is worse than Draco's, and he is a man interested in another man.
Obviously it is someone screwing around. Ban the idiot. The Acaeum should start requiring credit card registration in order to be a member. Keep these frigging idiots away.

You could be right, although the "cougs" English is just as bad maxine's. Trust Me. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:02 pm 

Speaking of Maxipad, I haven't heard anything back yet from the FBI. I wonder if they have a policy of keeping the informing party in the loop or not. I sent them everything I had, and they sent me a confirmation of receipt. I'll have to read it again.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:02 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:The English is worse than Draco's, .

waht R joo tyring ot sya?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:08 pm 

For $1500+, forget shipping it. I will just book a flight and pick it up in person.  It might be cheaper.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:15 pm 

Ouch, the private mail is coming thick and fast!
Please, no more offers, unless you are very very serious!
Currrently I have multiple bids over $1700
Thanks
Jon

This is starting to get very scary!!!???

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:37 pm 

jonjhargreaves wrote:Ouch, the private mail is coming thick and fast!
Please, no more offers, unless you are very very serious!
Currrently I have multiple bids over $1700
Thanks
Jon

This is starting to get very scary!!!???

I think the madness is setting in.
I believe that the bidding will top the 2k put forth by maxiepad from his post up above......

What do YOU have for the over/under?

I will make my guess : $2135.......  :wink:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:38 pm 

you should buy it Aneoth restart that collection again hehe

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:44 pm 

Oh, I don't want to start that. The last time the winners R1 got lost in the mail.  :roll: Okay, sorry Trav, touchy subject.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:50 pm 

I thought it was a given that it would go over 2K. Anyone who didn't expect it to wasn't being very realistic.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:56 pm 

1.   I've said this to a number of you in PM in response to questions and bids alike, but please please please, will you tell me what to do!!!!
Ebay or Private sale.
No one has convinced me yet either way and looking through various responses, I've got about a 50/50 split.

2.   And another thing, with the relative weakness of the $ at the moment, isn't this a great investment for those UK collectors! (Not to mention shipping, insurance etc. that looks like being over $120 to the US to do it properly!)

Again, I can't thank you enough, this has truly been a great experience so far! (and from the post I'm getting, I think a few of you are enjoying this too!!!)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:05 pm 

jonjhargreaves wrote:1. I've said this to a number of you in PM in response to questions and bids alike, but please please please, will you tell me what to do!!!!
Ebay or Private sale.
No one has convinced me yet either way and looking through various responses, I've got about a 50/50 split.

2. And another thing, with the relative weakness of the $ at the moment, isn't this a great investment for those UK collectors! (Not to mention shipping, insurance etc. that looks like being over $120 to the US to do it properly!)

Again, I can't thank you enough, this has truly been a great experience so far! (and from the post I'm getting, I think a few of you are enjoying this too!!!)

I know that this is probably going to go against popular opinion, but I personally would put it on Ebay. As a big of a pain in the ass it is and the fees that you will have to pay, EBay offers the most protection for both parties involved in the transaction. It will also allow folks to put there money where their mouth is per se. It will also eliminate specualtion and allow everyone to see the outcome. Just my .02

*ducks from all the shoes being thrown at him*

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:29 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
jonjhargreaves wrote:1. I've said this to a number of you in PM in response to questions and bids alike, but please please please, will you tell me what to do!!!!
Ebay or Private sale.

2. And another thing, with the relative weakness of the $ at the moment, isn't this a great investment for those UK collectors! (Not to mention shipping, insurance etc. that looks like being over $120 to the US to do it properly!)

I know that this is probably going to go against popular opinion, but I personally would put it on Ebay. As a big of a pain in the ass it is and the fees that you will have to pay, EBay offers the most protection for both parties involved in the transaction. It will also allow folks to put there money where their mouth is per se. It will also eliminate specualtion and allow everyone to see the outcome. Just my .02

*ducks from all the shoes being thrown at him*

I agree completely.  It puts everything "out in the open", no chance of shady side deal rumors, fingerpointing, etc, etc, etc.  I would guess the value would go up due to back and forth ferocity, as well, and allow for snipes.

YIM  
PreviousNext