ST1 Up the Garden Path for sale
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:28 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:As far as your relative "newness", I don't think you realize the favor you have done yourself by posting here. :D

And that's aside from having listed it on eBay unaware of its "value" and taking the first offer of £50 from here to close the sale! :roll:

*ducks thrown shoes* :D

Yeah, where is John at anyway. :P :D

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Just wait until IO and a2jeff see your auction up for sale. 8O Then you throw in Harami and Mbassoc, well lets just say I don't think you will get your 1000 GBP, you might get close. :wink:

*chuckles*. Ya know my thoughts on ST1, I'm sure.
Will happily throw in my final bid early to help things along, though, should it end up on eBay. ;)

Too bad Mike(improvstone) seems to be very distracted at this point, it would have interesting to see him throw his hat in the ring too. :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:39 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Too bad Mike(improvstone) seems to be very distracted at this point, it would have interesting to see him throw his hat in the ring too. :twisted:

Has already got one, IIRC...

(I thought John's offer was £25, though?)

=
Seriously, though; *points back to the ongoing business, above* :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:59 pm 

Royal Mail Airsure has the option to increase the insurance to £2500, in increments payable at the counter. For £1000 of insurance postage to the USA with Royal Mail Airsure is abour £15. That's trackable and express delivery (3-5 days).

Well, not according to my Post Office and the pricing guide that states a maximum of £500.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:17 am 

i just been on the Royal Mail website and it looks as though Airsure only insures up to £500 as jon says. Mind you the site doesnt instil me with great confidence cos everytime i use info from there and go in the post office, the actual details are always different, so its maybe worth checking in a main one just to clarify things. thats what i would do anyway.

anyway, my findings from the site were as follows:

putting the weight of the item as 225g (more than likely packed), delivery to the USA, no signature on delivery, with additional compensation of £2500, it came up with:

delivery 2-3 days, International Datapost £85.10 8O

the delivery information for "international datapost" is as follows:

Service Information
International Datapost

Guaranteed express delivery for when you need to know exactly when your consignment will be delivered.
Online tracking from collection through to delivery
30kg maximum weight limit for individual parcels to most destinations - check the relevant country information. No weight limit for multi-item consignments to a single address
Maximum parcel sizes vary by destination, check the relevant country information
Collections - Account holders - tailored to your needs, regular or on request using the "arrange a collection" link. Non Account holders - available from selected Post Office branches (call 08457 22 33 44 for details), Parcelforce Worldwide depots or by using the "arrange a collection" link
Up to £150 compensation for loss or damage included in the price
Enhanced compensation up to £2,500 available for an additional fee
Full refund if your parcel is delayed

Are we nearly there yet?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:04 pm 

Hi Jon,

This is a lovely piece and as for the condition, i think its exelent. what would you expect after 15 years of destruction from your mums feather duster. I would like to make an offer but i am short on funds, how about a candle light dinner with me followed by a night of really long, really hard d&d, ill let you be DM. Remember really long and really hard. I do think that this is worth around the $2000 mark.

Hope you sell for lots, so you are rich and can affored that black,silk diomond encrusted cape youve always wanted, good lick

P.S. REALLY long and REALLY hard.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:12 pm 

conehead the barbarian wrote:Hi Jon,

This is a lovely piece and as for the condition, i think its exelent. what would you expect after 15 years of destruction from your mums feather duster. I would like to make an offer but i am short on funds, how about a candle light dinner with me followed by a night of really long, really hard d&d, ill let you be DM. Remember really long and really hard. I do think that this is worth around the $2000 mark.

Hope you sell for lots, so you are rich and can affored that black,silk diomond encrusted cape youve always wanted, good lick

Is this Cougar?! 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:14 pm 

no, what makes you think that

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:38 pm 

conehead the barbarian wrote:Hi Jon,

What are you trying to imply, if I may ask?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:43 pm 

conehead the barbarian wrote:no, what makes you think that

Well, your "DM" in your tagline for one..............

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:54 pm 

I think it might be Maxine. The English is worse than Draco's, and he is a man interested in another man.
Obviously it is someone screwing around. Ban the idiot. The Acaeum should start requiring credit card registration in order to be a member. Keep these frigging idiots away.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:57 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I think it might be Maxine. The English is worse than Draco's, and he is a man interested in another man.
Obviously it is someone screwing around. Ban the idiot. The Acaeum should start requiring credit card registration in order to be a member. Keep these frigging idiots away.

You could be right, although the "cougs" English is just as bad maxine's. Trust Me. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:02 pm 

Speaking of Maxipad, I haven't heard anything back yet from the FBI. I wonder if they have a policy of keeping the informing party in the loop or not. I sent them everything I had, and they sent me a confirmation of receipt. I'll have to read it again.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:02 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:The English is worse than Draco's, .

waht R joo tyring ot sya?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:08 pm 

For $1500+, forget shipping it. I will just book a flight and pick it up in person.  It might be cheaper.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:15 pm 

Ouch, the private mail is coming thick and fast!
Please, no more offers, unless you are very very serious!
Currrently I have multiple bids over $1700
Thanks
Jon

This is starting to get very scary!!!???

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:37 pm 

jonjhargreaves wrote:Ouch, the private mail is coming thick and fast!
Please, no more offers, unless you are very very serious!
Currrently I have multiple bids over $1700
Thanks
Jon

This is starting to get very scary!!!???

I think the madness is setting in.
I believe that the bidding will top the 2k put forth by maxiepad from his post up above......

What do YOU have for the over/under?

I will make my guess : $2135.......  :wink:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:38 pm 

you should buy it Aneoth restart that collection again hehe

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:44 pm 

Oh, I don't want to start that. The last time the winners R1 got lost in the mail.  :roll: Okay, sorry Trav, touchy subject.

PreviousNext