ST1 Up the Garden Path for sale
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 8 of 9123 ... 5, 6, 7, 89
Author


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:43 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Okay already, some of us are dying of curiosity! What's going on with the ST1?  :D

And my money was on you! :D

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 219
Joined: Apr 07, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2015
Location: UK

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:45 pm 
 

OK....
It's sold, I'll say more when I get my PayPal account working properly!
Cheers,
Jon

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:46 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:So; a slightly tatty GW G3 is worth more than a SW'd GW G2, huh, John? :roll:
Well, I s'pose that balanced out since all three were bought by aneoth. ^^

I've been trying to find this message all day.

£50 seems like all the money for GW G1/2/3.  But they have been a bit thin on the ground recently.  Maybe this will smoke out a few more.

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:30 pm 
 

jonjhargreaves wrote:OK....
It's sold, I'll say more when I get my PayPal account working properly!
Cheers,
Jon


Congrats, Jon!  And congrats to the new owner :mrgreen: , too.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:09 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:So; a slightly tatty GW G3 is worth more than a SW'd GW G2, huh, John? :roll:
Well, I s'pose that balanced out since all three were bought by aneoth. ^^

I've been trying to find this message all day.

£50 seems like all the money for GW G1/2/3. But they have been a bit thin on the ground recently. Maybe this will smoke out a few more.

Heh. The price "drop" on the "standard" Gs hasn't helped, perhaps?
And that the UK mods aren't listed separately on the main chart...
Would still make sense to do so, IMHO, but have been nudging on that, etc., for some time.

They're certainly scarce enough in very fine or better condition (with/without SW! :P)

aside: Out of interest, when's the last time you saw a decent set of UK Ds?


=
jonjhargreaves wrote:OK....
It's sold, I'll say more when I get my PayPal account working properly!
Cheers,
Jon

Oh; and congrats re. the ST1 sale/purchase, of course ;)

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:29 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:aside: Out of interest, when's the last time you saw a decent set of UK Ds?

Apart from the copies on my shelf...none for quite a while.

Maybe a testament to how many got played and read.  Who on earth would have thought someone might want to collect them?!?

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:42 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:aside: Out of interest, when's the last time you saw a decent set of UK Ds?

Apart from the copies on my shelf...none for quite a while.

Maybe a testament to how many got played and read. Who on earth would have thought someone might want to collect them?!?

*nods*. Maybe us Brits used all those purchases a bit more, too, having had to fork out rather more $ for the purchases in the first place.

Hrmm... thx for the confirmation, John.
Yeah, should have one very fine set of UK Ds here ("somewhere", as ever!) and was making a point to pounce another decent set should they come by at a half-way sensible price.
Certainly can't remember that happening, last year or so; nor even that anyone (i.e. yourself) pointed out when I might've missed some.
Maybe I need to look harder...
*
(That 1st print GW MM almost slipped by, too: now that would have been embarrassing, here).

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:03 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:(That 1st print GW MM almost slipped by, too: now that would have been embarrassing, here).

Must check what I've got here.  I never bought one at the time.  I've got a feeling all my copies are 3rd printings.

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:11 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:(That 1st print GW MM almost slipped by, too: now that would have been embarrassing, here).

Must check what I've got here. I never bought one at the time. I've got a feeling all my copies are 3rd printings.

1st & 3rd.  But no no 2nd. :cry:

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:14 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:(That 1st print GW MM almost slipped by, too: now that would have been embarrassing, here).

Must check what I've got here. I never bought one at the time. I've got a feeling all my copies are 3rd printings.

Every one is a 3rd printing... *jk*
OK; but not far off that!

Really can't understand how that might've worked out, IRL; and, unfortunately, I don't think the printing dates actually help much to untangle what went on with those print runs.
3rd prints are certainly very scarce if near minty, but otherwise... *shrugs and walks across the room to kick the stack; walking back again to the keyboard*
(well, ya know... :roll:)

Heh. Someone commented that my estimates were high-ish: personally, $125 for a XF/NM 2nd print and $150 for a XF/NM 1st print (or whatever it was I wrote down *g*) still seems quite reasonable, IMHO.
*sticks finger in the air again*

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:15 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:
johnhuck wrote:Must check what I've got here. I never bought one at the time. I've got a feeling all my copies are 3rd printings.

1st & 3rd. But no no 2nd. :cry:

*takes a look over your shoulder at the condition of the 1st print*

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:31 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:1st & 3rd. But no no 2nd. :cry:

*takes a look over your shoulder at the condition of the 1st print*

Well the 3rd is OK.

And the 1st looks OK on initial inspection...
Image

But pick it up, open the cover and see what happens :?
Image

The usual problem with the GW softcovers after repeated use.

The yellow marks are where someone had fixed some additional info to the inside of the cover using masking tape.

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:36 pm 
 

Anyway.  Changing the subject.  Only 5% of women (apparently) have their baby on the due date.  But knowing my luck, that will be Kathleen.

So, I better get myself to bed.  The baby is officially due tomorrow.

Checks the time.  Today in fact. 8O

But not even a twinge yet.  So will probably be late (if it takes after me) :D

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:37 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:Anyway. Changing the subject. Only 5% of women (apparently) have their baby on the due date. But knowing my luck, that will be Kathleen.

So, I better get myself to bed. The baby is officially due tomorrow.

Checks the time. Today in fact. 8O

But not even a twinge yet. So will probably be late (if it takes after me) :D

Good Luck John. I hope all goes as well. :wink:  :D


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:41 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:The usual problem with the GW softcovers after repeated use.

*strokes through "repeated"; writes in "any"*

Oh, nice photos, John! Thank you for taking the time to do those. :)

Hmm... Have seen much, much worse than that (on 3rds). Looks not bad from the front, aside from (near to) the spine... No laminate, either?! 8)

Beginning to think we need a different grading scale for those PBs...
(Heh; with a warning note or two; otherwise we're going to see "reconstructed" copies, sooner-or-later!).

Still think that's a pretty rare copy, though; but willing to be proven wrong.
(However, given recent questions along such lines, two copies owned by Acaeum members almost makes it "common" for some of the early UK products/prints! ;) Poll time, perhaps?? *g*).

==

*adds auction photo of recent 1st UK MM* (outside only...)
Image

==

@ rest of list: just marking time awaiting the "official results" of the ST1 jury! ^^
(or some such excuse...)

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:23 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:Anyway. Changing the subject. Only 5% of women (apparently) have their baby on the due date. But knowing my luck, that will be Kathleen.

So, I better get myself to bed. The baby is officially due tomorrow.

Checks the time. Today in fact. 8O

But not even a twinge yet. So will probably be late (if it takes after me) :D


Joh, strap yourself in.  It's going to be a wild ride.   :D   And best of luck.  It'll change EVERYTHING, but then of course you've heard that by now.

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:25 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:[ Image ]


Congrats, David.  I was watching that one.  VERY nice MM, imo.   :D

Gotta get me one of those...

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 219
Joined: Apr 07, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2015
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:17 pm 
 

ST1 is currently with international couriers, flying to the US shortly.  I believe I got a very good price!





$2500



More than that, I'll leave the buyer to tell you, if they wish.

This will pay for a much needed holiday for the family, amongst other things.
Cheers for all your help and good wishes,

Jon

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 8 of 9123 ... 5, 6, 7, 89