ST1 Up the Garden Path for sale
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:30 am 

Badmike wrote:Aneoth's got a warchest full of money to spend!!!! He's loaded with MY money guys!!!! Look out cause I don't think anyone is going to be able to match him on this one..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is the posting of the ST1 thread, and the sale of the Aneoth collection shortly thereafter related perhaps? A pre-emptive freeing up of funds for the battle mayhaps?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:10 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Badmike wrote:Aneoth's got a warchest full of money to spend!!!! He's loaded with MY money guys!!!! Look out cause I don't think anyone is going to be able to match him on this one..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is the posting of the ST1 thread, and the sale of the Aneoth collection shortly thereafter related perhaps? A pre-emptive freeing up of funds for the battle mayhaps?

Hmmmm...I suspect it was more like a pre-emptive "Either this junk goes or you go" strike by Aneoth's wife.... :wink:

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:54 am 

morgansurname wrote:Hmmmm...I suspect it was more like a pre-emptive "Either this junk goes or you go" strike by Aneoth's wife.... :wink:
A very close guess.... 8O  :oops:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:28 am 

Aneoth wrote:
morgansurname wrote:Hmmmm...I suspect it was more like a pre-emptive "Either this junk goes or you go" strike by Aneoth's wife.... :wink:
A very close guess.... 8O :oops:

Hey man, don't feel bad.  I've heard the same thing, especially regarding my football cards.  :evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:31 am 

Aneoth wrote:

Hey man, don't feel bad. I've heard the same thing, especially regarding my other women. :lol:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:32 am 

that happened to me once. that was one of the (many) reasons i got divorced 5 years ago. thankfully, Amanda is far more understanding and just calls it "all that geeky stuff" and pretty much leaves me to it so long as it don't affect her - which is 'mostly' does'nt :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:34 am 

killjoy32 wrote:that happened to me once. that was one of the (many) reasons i got divorced 5 years ago. thankfully, Amanda is far more understanding and just calls it "all that geeky stuff" and pretty much leaves me to it so long as it don't affect her - which is 'mostly' does'nt :D

Doesn't she play all that geeky stuff?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:45 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Aneoth wrote:A very close guess.... 8O :oops:

Hey man, don't feel bad. I've heard the same thing, especially regarding my other women. :lol:

8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:09 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:

Hey man, don't feel bad. I've heard the same thing, especially regarding my football cards. :evil:

Aneoth actually has more football cards than gaming stuff....

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:10 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

I've been married seven years, and my wife still won't let me date.  Unfrickin-believable :twisted:

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:11 am 

Badmike wrote: Aneoth actually has more football cards than gaming stuff....

Mike B.

Hey Aneoth,
When you decide to unload those babies, drop me a line!   :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:15 am 

Badmike wrote:I've been married seven years, and my wife still won't let me date. Unfrickin-believable :twisted:

Mike B.

Hmm....I am not married, but in a relationship going on 3 years now with the live in girfriend, and I am in the same boat. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:05 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
Badmike wrote: Aneoth actually has more football cards than gaming stuff....
Mike B.

Hey Aneoth,
When you decide to unload those babies, drop me a line!  :D

Yes, as a matter of fact I am looking to unload my football card and football memorabilia collecton. 99.9% of the collection is Professional football. Very little of anything else. Although I do have a couple of boxes of baseball cards..... they are toss ins, nothing special.
As Mike said, I do indeed have more football stuff than RPG stuff, especially since last Saturday evening.......

I have tens of thousands of Pro football cards and hundreds of other items. The cards alone would easily fill the bed of any full sized pick up truck and then some.....

Like most card collectors, I began collecting football cards as a child, whenever I had a few cents from my allowance to spend, I would buy gum wrappers with football cards here and there. I treated them pretty well for the most part and I still have many of them to this day and a few of them are even in real nice condition.

However, most of my football card collection came from one large purchase. Several years ago, I acquired what was left of a card/comics stores stock. The store was shutting down and had so many things left that I simply made an offer for all the money I had at that time. They took the offer and not long afterwards, I re-sold most (About 3/4) of that stock to another cards/comics store owner for more than the total of the stock cost me, and I was able to keep most of the specific stuff that I wanted. Unfortunately, most of what I did not want was old Original Issue Magic Cards.  8O  8O

:roll:  :roll: Looking back, I should have kept them too.  :oops:   :cry:

Anyway, since then I have continued to collect football cards and memorabilia. Most of the memorabilia is ‘officially authenticated', which for some collectors means little if anything, but other collectors think it means a lot.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:23 pm 

Aneoth wrote:

I'm in about the same boat...difference being...I could care less...the 'ship is about at its end.  In fact, I am adding more and more to my collection and searching for increasingly more rare and expensive items.  Crap...I am the only one that knows how to save money and budget.  I do not say  much about the closetS full of clothes and shoes or the unnecessarily expensive SUV in the garage, or the parties...etc...etc....I figure its my due...she don't like it...she can get the f*$& out!!! :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:25 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

8O  :twisted: hmmm....perhaps I am increasing the wrong collection....anyone got the number for UPS?  I got a pickup!!!! :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:14 pm 

morgansurname wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:Hey man, don't feel bad. I've heard the same thing, especially regarding my other women. :lol:

8O :twisted: hmmm....perhaps I am increasing the wrong collection....anyone got the number for UPS? I got a pickup!!!! :wink:

UPS will henceforth be the offical code-name for U-know-what.  :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:03 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

Dunno, but it has gone very quiet around here!

*waves to Jon* (have seen you pop round from time-to-time, though ;))

==

Hrrmm... *checks back a page*

Aneoth wrote:I figure the bid the G's are at now will not even come close to getting any of them.
John be not discouraged. There are many among us who have sniping software and they are absolutley NOT afraid to use it........... :roll:
*Rolls eyes towards the left......... and then the right, looking over shoulders for harami and others......*

So; a slightly tatty GW G3 is worth more than a SW'd GW G2, huh, John? :roll:
Well, I s'pose that balanced out since all three were bought by aneoth. ^^

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:20 pm 

Okay already, some of us are dying of curiosity!  What's going on with the ST1?   :D

PreviousNext