can anyone help me with these?
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:05 pm 

hi folks!

wondering if anyone here can help me out with these? i picked these two items up in a lot of other stuff and basically wondered:

1. what they are - ie. what was the item called that they belonged to, as each item is obviously imcomplete and doesnt have the front page telling you what it is?

2. as they are, are they worth anything or are they just well "usable materials"?

Cheers

Al

ps. sorry for the shit pictures - best i could do at the time.....

1. graph paper sheets - 13 of them, attached to a card-back. (c) 1982 Games Workshop Ltd is printed at the very bottom of each sheet.

2. hex mapping sheets - 26 of them - 22 are attached, 3 are seperately attached and 1 sheet is on its own - there is no card-backing. (c) 1978, 1982 Games Workshop Ltd is printed at the very bottom of each sheet

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:18 pm 

My guess would be there are simply remains of someone's pad of graph and hex sheets that GW put out several years ago. I doubt that they belonged to any single game... but I could very well be wrong. I have similar pads like these at home.

The Wraith - [email protected]

Yin & Yang Productions on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/yinyangpro

WWW ICQ YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:51 pm 

usable materials

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:55 am 

BEER? I wait I'm alittle drunk ......  Doesn't loom like much to me....

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:11 am 

uoo, uoo, I know, I know. One is hex sheets and the other is graph paper. The graph paper is awesome for ploting dungeon maps and the hex sheets are excellent for wilderness designs. :D

Okay, OKay, just kidding. :wink: Seriously, I don't know if they are out of the ordinary or not. My first thoughts were that maybe they were part of GW's early hex sheets and Quadrille graph paper set, but the copyright date of 1982 means that they are to new to be those. It is most likely something very similar but just produced a few years later. Without much to reference them to, it makes it difficult to ascertain their origination, especially when you consider the fact that the true value of items like that is in an unopened state.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:13 am 

yeah thats fine - i needed some of these to use anyway and as they came free with the stuff (one of them "oh do you want these too as they will go to waste" kind of things), they will come in very handy :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:10 pm 

I bought pads like these in the mid 80's, came in bundles of 50 I think, the graph paper has double lines and if I remember correctly, the covers showed some very intricate dungeon designs on them, showing just how great they were in practice!