Planescape - Planes of Conflict
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:51 am 

A cousin of me needs (well, wants) this box, but it seems rather pricy ($60 minimum). If thi price accurate or yet an other insane high prise like the Kara-Tur box and the 1st printing of Dieties & Demigods?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 10:47 am 

I often see Planes of Conflict sell for $80+ on ebay. Sometimes it reaches over $150! In my opinion, I believe it is way overvalued. However, if its something that you need, you'll have to spend ebay prices for it unless you can find someone to sell it to you cheaper.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:42 pm 

The problem is that most people know what things are going for on ebay  and obviously want to get as much for their product as possiable, thats a market economy :twisted: . Also resellers typically sell at a much higher price that ebay 8O . If you want a much lower price you'll have to find a copy from someone that it's online prob very difficult in the netherlands), or trade for it. Now trading may be your best option as you are in another country than the USA, so some items may be easier to find there than say the US, for example foreign editions of D&D locally made RPG's etc.. I for one would be interesed in foreign editions of D&D to trade for my excess stuff (and from memory i do have a spare copy of POC, but it is all is storage 100kms away) :roll:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:04 am 

Don't be too sure about finding a trader outside the USA Beasterbrook. I've searched the net to fing players in my area and it took me for about 4 months to get myself 4 players... 2nd edition AD&D is a bit out of grace in The Netherlands / Europe. The same applies for finding traders / sellers in Europe. And those who are selling their AD&D stuff use eBay pices as well. Even for non-Englisg editions! An other problem we have is that we only have the read/write proficience for Dutch and English  :wink: .

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:04 am 

Well Riezla, the acaeum forum should allow you to find players/collectors in your own area or near your own area to trade with. Also you may find collectors in the USA who would be willing to trade with you. With the advent of the acaeum forum you shouldn't have a problem getting the Planes of Conflict for a fair trade/value.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:03 pm 

I think that all of the Planescape boxed sets are overvalued. I believe that the reason they are in such demand is that it is easy to adapt to 3e and many DMs would like to have the reference material. Planescape can be useful in any setting and goes in to much greater detail than the 3e Manual of the Planes. So with the greater demand comes greater prices. I don't think its because any of the material had low print runs.

In Pursuit of Better Worlds,
Bragi of erin

WWW ICQ YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:04 pm 

I think you might be right. I've seen a number articles on the usenet lately about converting Planescap to d20/3rd edition. I wasn't aware that Planescape was so easily to adept for d20/3rd... Hmm... Perhaps I should drop the idea of Planescape and get back to Spelljammer after all... With that, my cousin has bad luck. If the prices of Planescape products keep this high, I won't surprise her... I mean, it's a surprice, no investment!  :wink:

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:36 am 

You can purchase PDF downloads of most (if not all) of the old Planescape materials at SV Games...

Page Not Found

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:14 pm 

It's strange, but I've found that Planescape gear is generally cheaper to get through a reseller than to go the eBay route.  I was lucky in that I got almost all the Planescape releases when they first came out - the prices some of that stuff is going for now are outrageous.

When I look at something like Hellbound the Blood War going for $80-150 I just shake my head.  TSR staffers were handing these set out for FREE during the Planescape discussion sessions at Gen Con 96!!!

The Egg

PrimEvil Studios provides quality miniature painting at very reasonable prices.