Judge's Guild
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:53 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:....wow i have something john doesnt! yippee! :)

Smart aleck..... :roll:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:23 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:....wow i have something john doesnt! yippee! :)

Smart aleck..... :roll:

LOL awww man i was only joking :) honest guv!

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:38 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
Aneoth wrote:Well, will the 3E version come with simple rules for old codgers like me to be able to understand???

Define old? Old to me would be at least 65+. :P

Well, I believe that all the people involved w/ it are old school gamers using the new open license to bring back the old days, but don't quote me on it.

The product list for 3e JG is here.

Tegel Manor:
Estimated Retail Price: To be announced
Estimated Page Count: To be announced
Authors: To be announced
Scheduled Release: Late 2005

It looks like on other 3e products Bob Bledsaw and Bill Owen helped authored, and judgesguild.net states Bob Bledsaw is the owner (I own NONE of the original JG stuff so don't know who the original authors were)

Released to date:
Player's Guide to the Wilderlands
The Caverns of Thracia
City State of the Invincible Overlord

Wilderlands of High Fantasy and Tegel Manor are in the works.

Also, listed to be released are:
The City State of the World Emperor
The Wilderlands Expansions
The City State of Valon
The City State of Tarantis
The City State of Modron
The City of Mages
Treasure Vaults of Lindoran
Treasure Maps - Series

Looks like a lot of goodies.

Converting from 3e to 1e or OD&D? Well, it'd take a bit of time, or you could wing it on the fly like *I* would, but I'm a more free-form DM. :D

Thanks for the info. I too usually DM free-form and seldom follow the rules exactly as they were written. Makes the game and the players easier for me to manage. I let them know that House rules ARE the Rule, books do not run my house.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:03 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Thanks for the info. I too usually DM free-form and seldom follow the rules exactly as they were written. Makes the game and the players easier for me to manage. I let them know that House rules ARE the Rule, books do not run my house.

If rules don't matter, check out the books, they look nice.

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:39 am 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
Aneoth wrote:Thanks for the info. I too usually DM free-form and seldom follow the rules exactly as they were written. Makes the game and the players easier for me to manage. I let them know that House rules ARE the Rule, books do not run my house.

If rules don't matter, check out the books, they look nice.

i was checking out that wilderlands d20 guide last night. looks very presentable and very nice to look at, but imho, i just don't think its even a scratch on the original. will more than likely sell very well, as will the rest of the new d20 re-releases of the old JG products, but given the choice, i would and will opt for the old releases any time of the day. i think you will find most of the other collectors would too...

i sat and read judges guild journal # 14 last night....the material in it is just amazing. the ideas and originality cropping up around 1979/80 are just so cool.... in fact i was so enthralled in reading it, i missed two of ian's auctions ending :( mind you i managed to still win 3 of the 5, so wasnt too bad :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:30 am 

I wouldn't mind the chance to look over the new CSIO and Tegel (when it comes out), but I wouldn't buy them. There is more than enough in the originals for any good DM to spend a few years running. It don't feel the need to have everything in colour.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:00 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I wouldn't mind the chance to look over the new CSIO and Tegel (when it comes out), but I wouldn't buy them. There is more than enough in the originals for any good DM to spend a few years running. It don't feel the need to have everything in colour.

well tbh i think you can provide TOO much detail and dialogue. you only need the bare details to provide a plot and everything with it - any good DM should be able to take that by the reins and give it a good run for its money!

yeah i agree tho, would be nice to read them and see what they look like in comparison to the older stuff, but now that i HAVE the older stuff, think i will stick with it :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Previous