The World of Sarland
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:51 pm 

*g*. Would have thought Ian might've tried googling the author before lobbing in a $150 bid. Ya never know, though. ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:19 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*g*. Would have thought Ian might've tried googling the author before lobbing in a $150 bid. Ya never know, though. ;)

David, if you put a few sheets of typed paper on eBay and said some guy at TSR had once been in the same city, I'd probably throw $150 at it. :D I'm f*ckin' nutz. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the lead, Paul. I'll drop him a line.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:22 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:David, if you put a few sheets of typed paper on eBay and said some guy at TSR had once been in the same city, I'd probably throw $150 at it. :D I'm f*ckin' nutz. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's a net friendly one, you're nuckin' futs! :D

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:27 pm 

The lead came through. :D

I e-mailed the author and he can confirm that at no point did this manuscript ever go anywhere near TSR. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I included a link to the auction, and he was amazed someone would spend $150 on it. It must have been a bit of a shock seeing it on eBay, mind you.

Still, if he spent months creating it, and weeks typing it up, I don't have a problem putting up $150 for it.

I've invited him across to lurk about the board and with a bit of luck maybe the discussions will spark a little nostalgia.

Either that or he'll discover how much we pay for Pharoah and Rahasia, and put some nice minty new copies up on eBay for us all to scabble over. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Previous