Old TSR Character Sheet
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:21 am 

I recently found an old Character Sheet in an item I bought. I did check the related Acaeum page and did not find a match. But because it says TSR at the top, I figured I would run past this esteemed group to see if anyone knew about such a thing from TSR.
I assume it was user generated and they just wrote TSR for good measure, but who knows.
Note I was only able to upload 2 pics due to file size restrictions, but there are 3 pages.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:35 am 

It's homebrew of some sort.  There are several spelling errors on the sheets.

Foul

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:34 am 

The T.S.R. at the top could be a reference to the urban dictionary definition.
Or it could be from Tim Scott Russell's early D&D days before he got into Sci-fi.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:13 pm 

FoulFoot wrote in Old TSR Character Sheet:It's homebrew of some sort.  There are several spelling errors on the sheets.

Foul

Lol I don't think spelling mistakes are a clear sign it's not TSR, although I tend to concur on the probability of this being homebrew

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:04 pm 

I like 'DEFENDANT' for defender. Lawsuits & trials would go quicker if we still did it the old way.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:25 pm 

There is a special nostalgia for me when it comes to old typewriter creations.  I can see myself as a kid doing this very thing.  Misspellings, wavy typeset and misaligned columns, it’s all good.  However, mine would probably have that liquid whiteout stuff all over it, that was brushed on for the really big screwups.

-SKA

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:53 am 

8)
Sir Kill Alot wrote in Old TSR Character Sheet:There is a special nostalgia for me when it comes to old typewriter creations.  I can see myself as a kid doing this very thing.  Misspellings, wavy typeset and misaligned columns, it’s all good.  However, mine would probably have that liquid whiteout stuff all over it, that was brushed on for the really big screwups.

-SKA

Aye, attempting to create lined headers and separators and such with consecutive strikes of the underscore key, etc., yet it doesn’t come out so level/perfect as you visualized. 8)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:54 am 

Supernaut wrote in Old TSR Character Sheet:Aye, attempting to create lined headers and separators and such with consecutive strikes of the underscore key, etc., yet it doesn’t come out so level/perfect as you visualized. 8)

That's what xerox machines were for, since most of the liquid paper & some of the minor irregularities would be less visible in copies. There was a whole lost art of literal cutting & pasting.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:52 pm 

FoulFoot wrote in Old TSR Character Sheet:It's homebrew of some sort.  There are several spelling errors on the sheets.

While homebrew, it does follow a mixture of the elements from the 1975 internal Character Record sheets and from the 1977 Wham Character Sheets.  Which is somewhat interesting.

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:21 am 

grodog wrote in Old TSR Character Sheet:
While homebrew, it does follow a mixture of the elements from the 1975 internal Character Record sheets and from the 1977 Wham Character Sheets.  Which is somewhat interesting.

Allan.

Interesting indeed. Would it then mean it was a TSR insider job perhaps? You make me want to find out more :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:52 pm 

See if you can get in touch with the player named on the sheet :)

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.