Dragonlance modules value
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:53 pm 

Hello all,
What do you think a set of Dragonlance modules 1-16 near mint in original shrink would sell for?

I don't collect items in shrinkwrap but I know some of you do. So as I get ready to sell some more items, I'm looking to sell those in shrink if I have a nice non
-shrink one also.

Thanks,
Mike

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:37 pm 

chromaticknight wrote in Dragonlance modules value:Hello all,
What do you think a set of Dragonlance modules 1-16 near mint in original shrink would sell for?

I don't collect items in shrinkwrap but I know some of you do. So as I get ready to sell some more items, I'm looking to sell those in shrink if I have a nice non
-shrink one also.

Thanks,
Mike

I would think that there are a lot of people out there that only need a few and not the whole run Mike.  The feeding frenzy might be epic but then again who knows these days with SW items.

-SKA

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:02 pm 

I think sometimes sets add value and sometimes not so much.

I've seen complete Gazetteer runs sell for $1000, and I want to say I remember a complete DL set about the same.  At the time I thought those were a bit of a premium - someone paying full price for a ready-made collection.

Idk about a run in shrink - summing them would be what, average @ $300 close to $5k?  That seems like a lot for someone to pay for a set, like imagine a buyer who has no DL shrink and wants them all.  I suppose it could happen.

Probably the better bet is to sell them one-off.  And cry a little because they belong together.  Don't know if I could do it :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:57 pm 

I sold the complete set about six months back for $899.99, I believe.  However, the average condition was fine to fine plus.  Some were still in the shrink, but not many.  Most of the later modules were in the best condition, which is partly why it sold for as much as it did.  If everything is shrinked, I would say double what I got, probably more.  Part of the reason I sold my set, it's not really that good a series, unless all you are interested in is the cover art.   :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:31 pm 

Thanks for the replies.
I will post in classifieds when they go up for sale.

Mike

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:39 am 

Interestingly this just completed…

** expired/removed eBay auction **

-SKA

Last edited by Sir Kill Alot on Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:53 pm 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in Dragonlance modules value:Interestingly this just completed…

** expired/removed eBay auction **

-SKA

Thanks for the link.