Module BX/1 With Uncut Counters
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:31 am 

Hello
I have module B/X 1, Nights Dark Terror, with uncut counters in VG++ / Near Mint condition. Could I ask for a rough idea of value please. I would upload some images but I can't work out how to do it, so if someone could point me in the right direction there I would be grateful. Thank you

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:02 am 

The best way to appraise this item is to see what items have actually sold for recently on eBay.  Make sure you are logged in to eBay, then enter a search query for an item like "B10 D&D" and then check the little box on the left hand side that says "sold listings."  For me, that gave me quite a few items, and some of which are sales of items you are selling.  Add more terms to refine your search if needed.  When evaluating these sold listings, you have to factor in shipping, condition, completeness and many other factors which can affect a final sales price.  You may notice that similar items sell for very different prices.  By using this process, you'll be able to evaluate almost any your items for sale(unless they are super rare with no sales history).   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:15 am 

Yes, checking sold listings is the first thing I do, but I can't find any reference to this module with uncut counter sheets.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:40 am 

revcorik242 wrote in Module BX/1 With Uncut Counters:Yes, checking sold listings is the first thing I do, but I can't find any reference to this module with uncut counter sheets.

Look again.  If you do an eBay search for "B10 D&D," one of the sold listings featured un-punched counters.  However, it should be noted that the seller of that listing is considered an un-trusted cheat in this community.   :?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:45 am 

Yes, I did see that, but my copy has the BX/1 sticker over the original B10 Label, so unsure if this would affect its rarity or value. Thanks again.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:07 am 

revcorik242 wrote in Module BX/1 With Uncut Counters:Yes, I did see that, but my copy has the BX/1 sticker over the original B10 Label, so unsure if this would affect its rarity or value. Thanks again.

It's often rare to find an identical condition, seller rating, printing, shipping amount listing on eBay to whatever you are selling.  At that point you have to use common sense.  Stickers on items are discussed on these forums in other places.  The bottom line is that the value of any item is what someone will pay for it.  I've seen items that usually sell within a certain range sell for more because of the selling acumen of the seller.  It's even more common for items worth much more sell for less because the seller had no selling sense.  8)

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:20 am 

My 2 cents: list it at a decent starting price like 50 bucks in an auction of 7 days which possibly ends on sunday... Then post both here and other similar forums (like DF) the relative link to the auction.
Ciaooo

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:36 am 

Why waste your time with DF? The denizens of DF dwell deeply in the their immersive belief that all products should be free and available online. They would never pay $50 for a module. Heresy!

Shrink is not a condition

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:54 pm 

Agree with the advice given.  Don't try to "Game" eBay by trying to figure out the maximum you can list it for.  You'll likely alienate some potential buyers.  Just list it with some good pictures, at a reasonable starting price, and it will find it's maximum sale price.  This module is in high demand, especially intact.

Here are recent sales that will give you an idea of what it will sell for.

eBay listings

Okay, the link doesn't seem to work.  If it doesn't work, search for "night's dark terror" under Toys & Hobbies, Sold Items.  There are 11 sales, the most applicable sold for about ~$90-200.