1975 2nd Print Woodgrain Box and Rule Books Condition
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:21 pm 

Hi, I found what I think is a 1975 2nd print woodgrain box with the rule books.
I checked out the appraisal value range but I don't know how to judge its condition.
BTW I'm new here.
Thanks!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:23 pm 

Here is a link to our grading conventions.

Grading

Posting photos can also be helpful in finding a general value.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:03 pm 

Attachment:
IMG_4851.jpg
Attachment:
IMG_4850.jpg
Attachment:
IMG_4849.jpg
Thank you. Here's some pictures.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:12 pm 

some more

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:13 pm 

a few more

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:00 am 

Well, it is definitely in great shape! (I assume no writing inside books however!)
In those conditions, you might break the 10k without any problem! Remember to clearly show and write it is a 2nd printing though!
Good luck!!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:03 am 

russelmania wrote in 1975 2nd Print Woodgrain Box and Rule Books Condition:Hi, I found what I think is a 1975 2nd print woodgrain box with the rule books.
I checked out the appraisal value range but I don't know how to judge its condition.
BTW I'm new here.
Thanks!

Welcome russelmania!  Those are great pictures, and with all those pictures and a few more (like the bottom of the box), you really don't have to state the condition at all.  You can have a statement in your auction listing that the photos are there for buyers to make their own assessment of condition.  However, there are a few things photos do not reveal which you will need to clarify.  For example, any smoke and/or pet smells.  The presence or smell of mildew.  The presence of any writing or highlighting is important to collectors.

Asking this group to definitively determine a stated condition will likely result in some minor disagreements.  We don't all grade the same, but we all likely grade similarly.  This item is "very good" to "good" in my own personal opinion if there is no mildew and no significant smells.  If you put a gun to my head I'd say "good +."  Again, I would not state its condition in any eBay listing if you post lots of good pictures.  Stating a condition can be the basis for a return claim.  Lots of sellers don't state the condition.

This really is an outstanding find!  Congratulations!  

Finally, there have been lots of people just like you who have asked for selling advice on their rpg items/collections.  Feel free to use the search function on these forums to find additional tips and recommendations.  8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:53 am 

Thanks you guys. I really appreciate the advice and direction you've given me. Definitely cleared up questions I've had.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:12 pm 

Based on the pictures you have shown I would say the box is in Good- condition and the books are in Good+ condition. This assumes that there are no loose pages. In book 2 of the second print the center 2 pages are often loose. I think experienced sellers should absolutely list condition grades; however being presumably an inexperienced seller I would let lots of pictures tell the story, including some of the books showing the interior staples (so it can be seen if the pages are loose or not). I would not guarantee a 10k return (the box top is rather chewy) but I'm sure you will do very well.

Shrink is not a condition

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:41 pm 

$10K?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:14 pm 

stratochamp wrote in 1975 2nd Print Woodgrain Box and Rule Books Condition:Based on the pictures you have shown I would say the box is in Good- condition and the books are in Good+ condition. This assumes that there are no loose pages. In book 2 of the second print the center 2 pages are often loose. I think experienced sellers should absolutely list condition grades; however being presumably an inexperienced seller I would let lots of pictures tell the story, including some of the books showing the interior staples (so it can be seen if the pages are loose or not). I would not guarantee a 10k return (the box top is rather chewy) but I'm sure you will do very well.

What he said! 100%