had an urge to get some Tunnels & Trolls stuff again...
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:30 am 
 

was this a good buy?



http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWN:IT



couldn't really go wrong at that price i didnt think?



nice items anyway!



:)



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6402
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 20, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:09 am 
 

Can't go wrong there. Pheonix Keridav for £3.70. Good one.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:15 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Can't go wrong there. Pheonix Keridav for £3.70. Good one.




just had a quick read through it while i had 5 mins in work - its actually a pretty cool module. definately gonna read these rules up and try a game of it - with the other bits i have too, should be fun! will make a change from AD&D thats for sure! :)



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6402
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 20, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:36 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:Can't go wrong there. Pheonix Keridav for £3.70. Good one.




just had a quick read through it while i had 5 mins in work - its actually a pretty cool module. definately gonna read these rules up and try a game of it - with the other bits i have too, should be fun! will make a change from AD&D thats for sure! :)




Keridav was produced for use with D&D as well. It was also reprinted, but you have the original printing. The reprint is pretty awful. The maps are virtually illegible.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:45 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:


just had a quick read through it while i had 5 mins in work - its actually a pretty cool module. definately gonna read these rules up and try a game of it - with the other bits i have too, should be fun! will make a change from AD&D thats for sure! :)




Keridav was produced for use with D&D as well. It was also reprinted, but you have the original printing. The reprint is pretty awful. The maps are virtually illegible.




funny you should say that cos when i was reading it before, the best thing in the book really is the maps, they are bright and very clear, which impressed me - so many cool things nowadays are let down by the map quality and the organisation of the module generally - GDQ1-7 is a prime example of this.



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6402
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 20, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:32 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:funny you should say that cos when i was reading it before, the best thing in the book really is the maps, they are bright and very clear, which impressed me - so many cool things nowadays are let down by the map quality and the organisation of the module generally - GDQ1-7 is a prime example of this.


Yeah, the maps are cool in both the Pheonix books. I just got a Star Stone. You'd like that one too.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:34 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:funny you should say that cos when i was reading it before, the best thing in the book really is the maps, they are bright and very clear, which impressed me - so many cool things nowadays are let down by the map quality and the organisation of the module generally - GDQ1-7 is a prime example of this.


Yeah, the maps are cool in both the Pheonix books. I just got a Star Stone. You'd like that one too.




never heard of it, so will have a look out for it..



  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5653
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Sep 20, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:24 am 
 

StarStone rocks.  It's one of the best modules published, TSR or non-TSR.


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6402
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 20, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:36 am 
 

grodog wrote:StarStone rocks. It's one of the best modules published, TSR or non-TSR.


I read that somewhere. I think Afterglo says its the best thing ever written.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5645
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 19, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:08 am 
 

I saw the Keridav a few days ago, but it was UK only. I was about to mention it to the Acaeum, but I figured someone would get it for a steal, and I didn't want the seller making money on it.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:11 am 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:I saw the Keridav a few days ago, but it was UK only. I was about to mention it to the Acaeum, but I figured someone would get it for a steal, and I didn't want the seller making money on it.




well deady me is one happy lil camper for that, so cheers! :)



was well pleased with getting my hands on that! the little tunnels and trolls book with it is really cool as well. yes indeed, a nice little snap that. will go on the lookout for other modules now of that ilk...the items are really nice!



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 628
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 15, 2007
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:58 am 
 

£4.50 for postage.. ouch lol

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:17 pm 
 

draco76 wrote:£4.50 for postage.. ouch lol




i bought a box of dungeon plans from her too...and the total postage was £5.50 in the end, so that was cool imo. the items were nicely packed too - not like some of the melons you get over here. someone sent me a mint orcs of thar gazetteer with uncut counters inside in a feckin A4 envelope with NO PROTECTION, cos i wouldnt pay MORE for a jiffy! (which was in addition to the postage cost!) i mean wtf is that all about man??!!



in the end i was happy with the items i got (ie T&T etc) cos i thought it was quite cheap all in all anyway :)



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:11 pm 
 

:) whoever taped your T&T book was the same person that taped mine, I think... :)

And I picked that up second hand at the same time I didn't pick up a Phoenix Keridav, in Edinburgh. Weird....!!

(Long time ago...).



*nods*. Nice pick 8) Congrats ^^

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:14 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote::) whoever taped your T&T book was the same person that taped mine, I think... :)

And I picked that up second hand at the same time I didn't pick up a Phoenix Keridav, in Edinburgh. Weird....!!

(Long time ago...).



*nods*. Nice pick 8) Congrats ^^




heh funny lil world aint it :)



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:23 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:heh funny lil world aint it :)


Yup, that it is! :P



(Although I prefer the sandy portions in long linear format... Brave man, ya! :D)

  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1