The Sinister Secret of Sweetmeade Abbey - Value?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:16 pm 

Dear all,

Would appreciate if the knowledgeable folks on here could give me an idea of the value for this. I bought it directly from Tim Kask (I believe on this site), its 'The Sinister Secret of Sweetmeade Abbey', 'a pre-production excerpt from a forthcoming adventure especially conceived and written for GaryCon III, March 25 - 27, 2011.' There were 6 of these produced, I got #3.

Its in the same bag that I got it from Tim, only read it once.

Thank you in advance,
Jorge

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:50 pm 

Apologies for the repeat request, but if anyone has a view on value please let me know.

Thank you in advance,
Jorge

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:06 pm 

A couple of years back you could buy one of the remaining 1st prints for around $30-50.  There were 75 in the 1st print run, and it took a while for them to sell out.  A lot of them were sold for the original price of $10.

I think there were 6 pre-production numbered copies and some additional unnumbered copies available in 2011.  Since yours is one of the numbered versions, it would probably sell at auction for around $200-250, maybe more if there was enough interest.  This price is assuming that it's autographed by Tim.  You mentioned that this was an excerpt?  Was it not the complete adventure?  That might affect the sale price.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:00 am 

Hello Jorge, why dont you consider to list it at a convention? In that case i believe you can max out the value of a "special" item like this one? Afaik the next con with a seriuos auction sale should be the gamehole con...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:12 pm 

dbartman wrote in The Sinister Secret of Sweetmeade Abbey - Value?:A couple of years back you could buy one of the remaining 1st prints for around $30-50.  There were 75 in the 1st print run, and it took a while for them to sell out.  A lot of them were sold for the original price of $10.

I think there were 6 pre-production numbered copies and some additional unnumbered copies available in 2011.  Since yours is one of the numbered versions, it would probably sell at auction for around $200-250, maybe more if there was enough interest.  This price is assuming that it's autographed by Tim.  You mentioned that this was an excerpt?  Was it not the complete adventure?  That might affect the sale price.

Thanks Dbart, it was one of the pre-production modules, appreciate the info.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:13 pm 

aia wrote in The Sinister Secret of Sweetmeade Abbey - Value?:Hello Jorge, why dont you consider to list it at a convention? In that case i believe you can max out the value of a "special" item like this one? Afaik the next con with a seriuos auction sale should be the gamehole con...

Thanks Axel for the suggestion, will definitely consider.

Jorge