Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:24 pm 

My mistake, sold for $113 (£84)

CDM4 went for £90 earlier this year

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:09 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Value on GM1 A Flight of Eagles / Tortured Soul magazines: :lol:  ... and you were my first guess as to who I passed my copy on to. You don't have a copy?

I wish! Not I.

Seeing the current prices makes me feel less bad about paying... healthily... for a CDM2 box a couple years ago.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:39 am 

TheHistorian wrote in Value on GM1 A Flight of Eagles / Tortured Soul magazines:Seeing the current prices makes me feel less bad about paying... healthily... for a CDM2 box a couple years ago.

Four boxes certainly looks better than three boxes with a book tucked between them on the shelf.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:04 am 

Also allows me to sell my now duplicate book version... when I can get around to it.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:48 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Value on GM1 A Flight of Eagles / Tortured Soul magazines:...

Issue 7 has one pullout adventures running from Page 15 through 26, Myanaar's Chance on a light blue paper. It also then has stapled into the centre, but not numbered, a copy of Beast News, a single bi-fold on salmon pink paper, and then a set of floor plans. Can anyone tell me whether these floor plans are double sided or single sided, and on gloss paper or card? I no longer have my copy.
Issue 8 has one pullout adventure running from Page 17 through 26, The Stones of Pirarnis on the light sandy coloured paper. There is also then an etunnumbered centre pullout of floor plans. A single sheet printed on both sides. Can anyone tell me whether this was on gloss paper or card? I no longer have my copy.

Hello Ian, thanks for these info! I checked my copies and happily found they are all complete!

Re to your questions on issues 7 and 8: the pull-out with the floorplans is made with the same cardboard of the floorplans present in the CDM sets (it seems obvious at the end of the day)... they are partially two-side printed because on the back of the first sheet there is a large section of text entitled "How to use the floorplans") and the rest is floorplans...

ciaooo

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:57 am 

Cheers.  :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:52 am 

Issue 7 has one pullout adventures running from Page 15 through 26, Myanaar's Chance on a light blue paper. It also then has stapled into the centre, but not numbered, a copy of Beast News, a single bi-fold on salmon pink paper, and then a set of floor plans.

Question on issue 7 if you or anyone knows. I have two copies of #7, one with the Beast News bi-fold but missing the floor plans and another that has the floor plans but is missing the bi-fold. So if anyone has a complete copy does the bifold sit in side the maps or the maps sit inside and bifold. I ask as the one with maps came from Germany and it doesn't seem to have the maps removed so didn't know if was just not included. Number 7 is the last issue I need to complete the set and I am on my 4th copy so would like to know what I am chasing!

Cheers.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:09 am 

Beast News and then the floorplans as you flick through, so if you pull out the floorplans, Beast News would remain the the centre unless you pulled that out too.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:24 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Value on GM1 A Flight of Eagles / Tortured Soul magazines:Beast News and then the floorplans as you flick through, so if you pull out the floorplans, Beast News would remain the the centre unless you pulled that out too.

Thanks, I guess the version I have the person reinserted the floorplans as the bi-fold is gone. Ah well I guess I am destined to carry on hunting for a complete copy.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:56 am 

Orlandojones wrote in Value on GM1 A Flight of Eagles / Tortured Soul magazines:
Thanks, I guess the version I have the person reinserted the floorplans as the bi-fold is gone. Ah well I guess I am destined to carry on hunting for a complete copy.

Beast News was a flyer, and not an integral part to the publication. So it may just be a case that they ran out at the printer and some were stapled up without it. Same with The Golden Spire. It was just put in loose and not even stapled in, but it's stupidly rare and sought after on account of it being an actual adventure.

Previous