TRS Lizard Man Belt Buckle
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:56 am 

I found this TSR Belt Buckle when I was going through old boxes I acquired from the purchase of an old screen printing business.  I did an little research and it seems like they are hard to come by.

My searches pointed me here to the Acaeum.  I was hoping to get any info possible on how many were made, what the interest level is, whats it worth, etc.?

I would appreciate the help/info!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:31 am 

I did a search on belt buckles on this site and found lots of interesting information.

First, there's quite a spectrum of TSR belt buckles that were made, and the Lizardman version was apparently made first!  Here's Frank Mentzer's collection:
Cyclopeatron: Mentzer's TSR Belt Buckle Collection

Second, the Lizardman version was not as good a quality as the following belt buckles.  Any auction would need to show that yours is not broken.  Here's the history of the belt buckles and some info on their rarity.
http://thecollectorstrove.com/arc-wdh-20090802/

One sold back in 2016 for at least $410.  And since collectibles like this have been rising in price, I am confident you could get at least $500.00 for it.  

Welcome to the site!   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:22 pm 

Hello dlouhy11,

Great find there!  As benjoshua mentioned, condition is very important in estimating the value.  Please provide a clear pic or pics of the back of the buckle.

Judging from the pic you have provided, the buckle appears to have very little wear, and a good patina.  This is one of the rarer belt buckles.  If the back is in as good condition as the front, you could potentially sell it at auction for around $1,000 or more.  If you decide to go that route, I would list it at low starting price of around $100-200 and make sure you list it accurately and post a link here.  It will find it's maximum value that way.  You can try to sell it outright, but you will never know what it might actually worth by going that route.