Kobold hall
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:54 am 

Yeah, I was speculating as to the inherent weakness of folders with windows in them, whether they discovered this quickly with Fez and started to shrink, or whether they never discovered and continued that format years later unaware that the product was prone to tearing. Or maybe the tearing of the folders was something that happened much further down the read. Who knows. But I’ve seen a lot of torn green and blue folders, some completely missing the top of the folder.

Your Paladin Has Been Stolen... By Druids! Seems to have got the proportions right. But much lower sample so difficult to compare. Besides, I prefer the Mayfair/Role Aids proportions. More pleasing to the eye.

Shannon’s Books - As I understand it, much of it was collaborative with many proof readers/fact checkers, and it is likely to become a default source for many on the history of RPGs. Particularly where no Acaeum exists for any particular niche, or where sources are so disparate that alternate research becomes insurmountable.

Thanks for the heads up - It may be worth a Designers & Dragons Errata thread, even if it were just to list bullet points to red flag things people should dig deeper into, because I suspect a decade from now his history will be considered a staple fact source on the subject.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:51 am 

I just listed it in the classifieds here. If it doesn't sell, I'll put it up for eBay auction. Thank you all for your help.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:57 pm 

Kobold Hall has always been one of my favorites. I had #184 a while back, and to my regret I never read it that I can recall.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:56 am 

I'll never read this and it has not been. It's for sale. I played D&D growing up, but just have little interest in in it anymore. This is part of my father's collection, and will only accept a reasonable price.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:10 pm 

This thread sparked a vague memory.  I snagged a bunch of Collectors Trove stuff from Jeff Leason’s collection (mostly wanted a copy of The Keep and Forever War) a while ago and also got copy 445, in shrink.  Any thoughts on the impact on value given those details?

I honestly didn’t know Kobold Hall was a commodity, I don’t remember paying anything significant for it.

Previous