1st print Players Handbook- to be True or not True
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:27 am 

I believe the white flyleaf is not as populus as the orange. I've been diligently going over every PHB auction on ebay and when I see a pic of the 1st-3rd print I ask the seller about the flyleaf and every time its orange. The seller replies that I was the X# person to ask that and why it was so important. I then get into the delima of "Should I direct them to the Acaeum so that they can learn about the various prints or keep them in the dark as to its rarity" :? If I tell them about it am I selling out the rest of the collecting community and if they know what its rarity/worth is will that in turn drive up prices into yet another high bidding frenzy? This in turn will bring up prices all over the spectrum of the XD&D items on ebay which will put some mid ranged priced items way out of reach for us poor smucks who cannot afford such high prices. Then the items never sell and then the sellers just want to make room in their attics so they lump everything they have into an aution lot and Cougarretard snatches them all up and corners the market :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Boy I'm getting a headache

Ahh its great to be back in the States!

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Previous