TSR Dragon Collectible Prints
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:21 pm 

I hope the images upload correctly - first time posting here.

Fronts: https://imgur.com/a/TcrFu24

Back: https://imgur.com/a/s37bIE9

My dad loves DnD and got these prints sometime in the 90's, clearly around '96. I've checked around and can't find much about these "collectibles." I did find some of the original artwork these prints came from though. For example, the Dragon of Desolation is a blown up image from the original artwork. I couldn't find reprints for all of them, but some were like $40 for the unmatted version. Are these special? Actually part of a collection that might be appealing to someone with a larger collection?

The frames are metal, and one of them is a bit scuffed. One print has the glass chipped in the corner. Theyre in pretty good condition and not faded. Are they valuable?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:55 pm 

Emerald_queen wrote in TSR Dragon Collectible Prints:Theyre in pretty good condition and not faded. Are they valuable?

They are valuable, but maybe not as much as you want.  This quote below is from an auction back in 2015, and I am not confident these are the same things as what you have.  The Jaquay's print was not among the auction items sold/mentioned, however, I would guess his print would possibly be the least valuable of the four.  Still, this is more information than you had before.  I would guess you could get $200.00 for the set of four, especially if you were patient.  Other members likely have more and better information than me, especially since some folks on these forums were actually at that auction and may remember them specifically.

Guy Fullerton wrote in GaryCon VII: March 26-29, 2015:Gary Con auction results
$42        Jeff Easley 90's collectible print (not TSR) (in shrink) (2nd edition DMG cover? dragons fighting in mid-air)
$56        Clyde Caldwell Dragons of Desolation print in shrink
$32        Jeff Easley print Dragons of Faith matted in shrink

Welcome to these forums!   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:04 pm 

I have all four, if memory serves I paid about $35-40 each for them (mine are not framed). I got mine about 5-7 years ago. I think benjoshua's estimate is probably about right.

edit: pretty sure I was at that auction benjoshua references, but if I remember I already had the set so I wasn't bidding then. These do come up reasonably often on ebay.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:14 pm 

Hey, thanks! I didn't expect that it was a goldmine, but they were framed so nicely, I was curious if they were something unique. I still planned on hanging them in my livingroom, lol.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:19 pm 

I got the exact same set of prints about 15 years ago in some lot that I picked up; however, they did not come with frames.  Each print was individually sealed in shrink but I'm sure the 4 together were sold as a set.  I did not pay very much for them back then.