Prices
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:14 am 

Good morning

My first visit in the best part of a decade in which I've not looked at any of my D&D items.

What's happened to prices over this time?  

Neither of my boys are interested in D&D so I'm considering whether to sell or not.

Thanks.

John.

'ear all, see all, say nowt.  Eat all, sup all, pay nowt.  An' if tha ever does owt for nowt then allus do it for thisen.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:23 am 

Morning, John.

I've noticed that the prices listed on this site are a good starting point, and that actual auction selling prices (Ebay and Facebook) are going for much higher.
Could just be that people have $1200 worth of free money here in the Colonies.

I myself just paid $35.00 for Issue #10 of French Dragon Magazine (don't know what that equates too in pounds/euros).

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:35 am 

Thanks.

Any more of these materialised Dungeon Module Pack ?

Anyone care to hazard a guess what it might fetch?

'ear all, see all, say nowt.  Eat all, sup all, pay nowt.  An' if tha ever does owt for nowt then allus do it for thisen.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:33 am 

eBay prices are up these days and sales are steady from where I'm looking.  The stimulus checks may have something to do with it.  I also suspect some people are bored at home on their computers.   :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:37 am 

johnhuck wrote in Prices:Any more of these materialised Dungeon Module Pack ?

Anyone care to hazard a guess what it might fetch?

Someone may correct me on this -- but I think there's only been the one spotted, in all this time.  As such, a value estimation is tricky.  It's basically a hyper-rare, much older, Australian 10th Anniversary module pack.  Depending on condition, I'd guess in the $5k range.

Oh, and good to see an old face around here!

Foul

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:09 am 

Hello John, welcome back!

I'm sure it would fetch a good price.  Hard to say how much, since it's quite rare.  Definitely one you would want to list on eBay or one of the Facebook groups like Facebook Acaeum, Role Playing Games & Miniatures (Sales & Trades), or RPG Auctions.  No need to list it with a high starting price, it would certainly attain the best price.

Price have increased on quite a few items over the last couple of years, especially on the rarer items.

Please let us know what you are thinking of selling and post a link in The Acaeum Classifieds.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:03 am 

Thanks for the info. Good to see lots of people still using the site.

I need to mull this over as I still have a great attachment to the early stuff. But I also can't help thinking that someone might appreciate it more than me as all my D&D stuff is in cupboards in a spare bedroom at the top of the house. In the last 10 years more and more junk has found its way into this room until you can barely open the door. I need to clear the room first and make sure it's all still safe and sound.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:13 pm 

FoulFoot wrote in Prices:
Oh, and good to see an old face around here!

Foul

Welcome back John, I'm sure there would be plenty of interest in your collection.

Mike

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:52 am 

Johnny Boy! Welcome back!
Sell. There's no reason to hold on to them if you have no sentimental attachment. Let someone else have the pleasure of owning them for a while.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:57 am 

I was shocked to see the Ravenloft Module Vecna Reborn selling for $200.00 plus on average.   Even Die Vecna Die! is selling for over $100.00.  8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:13 pm 

Welcome back John! Didn't know you back then sorry to say.

Just noticed you were looking for an estimate on the Dungeon Pack.

If it's still unique, I'd assume you could ask anything you want for it. Collectors will be mad at you for pricing them out, you'll have to determine if you care about that.

Few weeks ago, an Aus G1 & G3 went for $500 each with tape on the spines. I don't know what the condition of your books are in but a unique set of six of the most important tsr modules in their rarest version. I'd think of a huge number for that, more like $15k.

The important thing is, I doubt you'd see that in an auction. A lot of people think an auction is good measure of value, then why does the same thing get all kinds of different prices then at auction? Sometimes your items have to be protected with a set price, a lot of stuff doesn't do well in auction. Especially when it has a limited pool of buyers.

Good luck and welcome back!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:36 pm 

Hey John. Welcome back. I liquidated my own collection five years ago now.  :(
eBay these days is a b!tch, (and so are the POs in most countries due to Covid), so maybe ask for interested parties in the classifieds first up.
There are a few UK collectors, but not too many these days.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:13 am 

@Ben, Vecna has never been more popular. As he played a major part in Critical Role season 1 and is part of the backstory of Arkhan the Cruel, Joe Manganiello's character. On the show, Arkhan cut off his own hand and replaced it with the hand of Vecna. Arkhan was made an official character in the 5e campaign Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus and has an official mini showing the lich hand.