LotFP: Fantasy F***ing Vietnam & one other
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:59 pm 

I'm looking for some help figuring out if two small booklets I own are worth the trouble to sell.  I've had them since 2008 or so and completely forgot about them until recently cataloging my collection.  I didn't think they were worth anything until I saw Thunderdave's classified post of LotFP material.  I would appreciate any suggestions of what they may be worth, if anything thing.  I couldn't find any previous auctions for them so I'm hoping someone here can help.  Thanks!

The first is a small stapled booklet - Fantasy F***ing Vietnam.  2008 copyright. It is signed by the author and is numbered (#10).  Its in perfect condition.  I had stuck into a D&D white box set when I got it because it fit and its been there since.

Second is another small stapled booklet - Random Esoteric Creature Generator. 2008 copyright.  I'm pretty sure the author sent this to me as a bonus for backing another project.  I don't think it is signed although it does have a facsimile autograph on it.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:52 am 

Wow, these are two of the rarest items for the LotFP game! By coincidence these are my two holes in that collection! If you are open to trades, i'd be happy to try to find and agreement with you with some of the stuff i have available for trade (in that case you can send me a PM).
Otherwise, you could simply put them on ebay a see how much they are worth... Last time i saw them was some years ago (say 3/4) and they went in the range of 150 bucks each!
Ciaoo

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:19 am 

Did you back or rather pre-order Insect Shrine of Goblin Hill back in 2007/2008 or so?  I know that is how I got Fantasy F***ing Vietnam (mine is #2 - wondering if #1 is with the author) & Random Esoteric Creature Generator. Might have also gotten The Grinding Gear that way.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:01 am 

These are the last two items I need for my Lamentations of the Flame Princess collection, if either of you are interested in selling, please PM me.

Thanks in advance. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:11 pm 

Plaag wrote in LotFP: Fantasy F***ing Vietnam & one other:Did you back or rather pre-order Insect Shrine of Goblin Hill back in 2007/2008 or so?  I know that is how I got Fantasy F***ing Vietnam (mine is #2 - wondering if #1 is with the author) & Random Esoteric Creature Generator. Might have also gotten The Grinding Gear that way.

ShaneG.

Hi Shane,  Yes that was what I pre-ordered. I don't think I ever got it and I think these were sent to me to make up for it or as a replacement.  Could be wrong. I didn't get The Grinding Gear and I seem to remember that the two booklets arrived at different times and not together but I could be mistaken it was long enough ago that I don't remember.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:34 pm 

Thanks to everyone that replied to me asking for help.  I honestly had no idea they were worth anything.  I had tucked them inside my OD&D box set and would see them no and again when I would pull it off the shelf.  I own a couple of other LotFP products (Death Frost Doom & Tower of the Stargazer - both of which are great) but I never looked into the game system itself just used those two with D&D.  I'm completely blown away that these booklets are rare and valuable.  I don't have any connection with them so I plan on selling them and spending the proceeds on other gaming material! I've had several members post or PM me asking about buying or trading for them. The first member to PM me last night made a generous offer and if he still wants them I plan on selling them to him, if not I will be in contact with the others who asked about them.  I really do appreciate the feedback everyone.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:43 pm 

TheElderEye wrote in LotFP: Fantasy F***ing Vietnam & one other:
Hi Shane,  Yes that was what I pre-ordered. I don't think I ever got it and I think these were sent to me to make up for it or as a replacement.  Could be wrong. I didn't get The Grinding Gear and I seem to remember that the two booklets arrived at different times and not together but I could be mistaken it was long enough ago that I don't remember.

Looking back at emails, I did get Grinding Gear and the Box set as well to end the obligation of not getting Insect Shrine of Goblin Hill - which I think made its way into the Better Than Any Man free rpg product.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:25 pm 

Plaag wrote in LotFP: Fantasy F***ing Vietnam & one other:
Looking back at emails, I did get Grinding Gear and the Box set as well to end the obligation of not getting Insect Shrine of Goblin Hill - which I think made its way into the Better Than Any Man free rpg product.

ShaneG.

That is very interesting.  I think the only two things I received were two booklets.  I don't remember what I thought I'd like about the Insect Shrine but I remember being disappointed that it never came to be.  I will have to see if I can find that Better Than Any Man pdf to see how it turned out.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:58 am 

IIRC, FFV was a freebie given away (in equal quantities) to people who bought RECG on pre-order. I pre-ordered 10 and received 10 FFVs along with my RECGs.
That explained why the two items are together. Of course RECG was picked up quickly and printed by Goodman Games.
I still have a couple of unnumbered FFV somewhere, so they weren't all signed and numbered, and the signed/numbered on the FFVs did not necessarily match the signed/numbered RECGs. going to the one buyer, so if you have a matching pair, you're probably in the minority.

Just my 2c.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.