Chivalry and Sorcery
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:39 am 

In my collection I have a pair of oldies but goodies - the Chivalry and Sorcery rulebook (1977) and the C&S sourcebook (1978), by Fantasy Games Unlimited. is it a market for something like this or is it just me?  :lol: I also wonder if someone ever PLAYED the game - I tried and failed!

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:13 am 

In the 90's the C&S stuff went for a decent amount but in the past few years the market for it has dropped to almost nothing.  That goes for most of the FGU stuff, which is a shame since some of it is quite good such as Space Opera.  

C&S was always a bit rules heavy for my tastes, and if I want Arthurian fantasy role-playing then I'd go for Pendragon, which is superb as Chaosium products usually are.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:16 am 

Owns a lovely first-printing Pendragon box too - LOL

YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:31 pm 

I have the entire collection of C&S 1st edition stuff now. I just picked up the old Saurians supplement. I still think that Land of the Rising Sun is the best Japanese RPG ever.

I just don't think I'll ever play it again, as my tastes in games have changed toward simpler systems, like GURPS or Unisystem or Tri-Stat.

Brett Slocum

Game and book collector

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:57 pm 

rosenkav wrote:I also wonder if someone ever PLAYED the game - I tried and failed!

Tried and failed too.  I hadn't been playing D&D that long, OD&D in fact, when I tried C&S.  So, complex 8O .  But fun generating the characters.  Which is the part I always enjoy as it invloves rolling dice! :D