UK Monochrome Modules
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:51 pm 

I've just retrieved my entire childhood AD&D collection from my parent's attic in London. 2nd editions of the rulebooks and around 30 modules, as well as about 200, mostly Citadel Fiend Factory, miniatures.

As well as "Rare"  items I can see have value (very fine, if not near mint) - editions of To the Aid of Falx and a Cthulu/ Melnibone, Deities and Demigods, I have these monochrome UK editions:

B1 In Search of the Unknown
D1 Descent Into the Depths of the Earth
D2 Shrine of the Kuo-Toa,
D3 Vault of the Drow
G1 Steading of the Hill Giant Chief
G2 Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl
G3 Hall of the Fire Giant King
S1 Tomb of Horrors

I see on ebay they are sometimes priced at a premium over the US editions. Is that merited?

Many thanks for any pointers.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:07 pm 

Beanric wrote in UK Monochrome Modules:I've just retrieved my entire childhood AD&D collection from my parent's attic in London. 2nd editions of the rulebooks and around 30 modules, as well as about 200, mostly Citadel Fiend Factory, miniatures.

If you're planning to sell or trade the minis, I'm likely interested in some of them! :D  If you have problems inventorying them, see CcmWiki and Citadel Miniatures - Lost Minis Wiki

Beanric wrote in UK Monochrome Modules:As well as "Rare"  items I can see have value (very fine, if not near mint) - editions of To the Aid of Falx and a Cthulu/ Melnibone, Deities and Demigods, I have these monochrome UK editions:

I see on ebay they are sometimes priced at a premium over the US editions. Is that merited?

Yes, the UK editions are definitely more valuable than comparable US editions, but it's the AU editions that are the rarest for those mono modules:  see Foreign Editions Master List

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:50 am 

Thanks!

The minis will take some time to catalogue. But do intend to sell so will keep you posted.