Jade Hare with the Dear Friend letter
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:47 pm 

** expired eBay auction **

Is the letter adding that much, or have the mods simply gone up in value a great deal?

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:13 pm 

It only takes two, and two have driven it from 125 to 400. Prices have gone up across the board, so sometimes something that "we" acquired 10 years ago seems overpriced now.

Shrink is not a condition

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:45 pm 

Some additional info/context about The Jade Hare, from John Rateliff: Sacnoth's Scriptorium: Buried Treasure

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:52 am 

stratochamp wrote in Jade Hare with the Dear Friend letter:It only takes two, and two have driven it from 125 to 400. Prices have gone up across the board, so sometimes something that "we" acquired 10 years ago seems overpriced now.

Yeah... I paid $5 for mine....   :wink:

( I love telling that story...)

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:17 pm 

Both (I think) of mine we're surprise finds included in the 1070 Black box sets many years after the fact, which led Mars and I to speculate maybe extra Hares were just tossed in the sets by TSR.   The letter is new to me, I was just curious how special or valuable it is.

Please tell or link to your $5 story IO!  Thanks everyone for your replies :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:57 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Jade Hare with the Dear Friend letter:Both (I think) of mine we're surprise finds included in the 1070 Black box sets many years after the fact, which led Mars and I to speculate maybe extra Hares were just tossed in the sets by TSR.   The letter is new to me, I was just curious how special or valuable it is.

I found mine in a 1070 black box set also!

“When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes!” -Winston Zeddemore

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:46 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Jade Hare with the Dear Friend letter:Both (I think) of mine we're surprise finds included in the 1070 Black box sets many years after the fact, which led Mars and I to speculate maybe extra Hares were just tossed in the sets by TSR.   The letter is new to me, I was just curious how special or valuable it is.

So the Games Plus Auction, in Mount Prospect IL., is run twice a year. Kurt was one of the owners who ran the auction and held up the 1070 box and said "Dungeons and Dragons box, with Jade Hare". So I was like... holy crap... a Jade Hare... sweet...

I raise my bidder card, it starts at $2.00, and the guy from Troll and Toad (Ed) is sitting right next to me. Our cards are up, and he drops at $5.00. I think... great...

I take it home. It has the Thank You letter, the envelope everything came it, the works!

Five dollars...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord