How much is my Dragonbone worth?
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:58 pm 

Greetings all!
I was going through my D&D stuff and came across my old red dragonbone electronic number generator. These are great for a D.M., but as a player I preferred my dice. I originally paid $24.95 for it in the 80's minus my 20% discount for working at a hobby store. I have tried ebay, but none are listed. Are these junk that no one wants or hoarded in collectors vaults?
Carach

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:18 pm 

Carach Angren wrote in How much is my Dragonbone worth?:Greetings all!
I was going through my D&D stuff and came across my old red dragonbone electronic number generator. These are great for a D.M., but as a player I preferred my dice. I originally paid $24.95 for it in the 80's minus my 20% discount for working at a hobby store. I have tried ebay, but none are listed. Are these junk that no one wants or hoarded in collectors vaults?
Carach

I would imagine that someone out there would like it.  It doesn't come up for sale often.  The value of your item depends on its condition, whether you still have the box or not, and possibly what color it is.  Therefore, it would be helpful if you posted a photo of it (and the box if you have it).

In looking over reviews and commentary, I saw where several people indicated that they wanted it, used it a few times, and then stowed it away, never to be used again.  Apparently, it sounds like a good idea until you actually have to use it.    :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:50 pm 

The dragonbone is scratch and scuff free. All LED's work, as well as the slide which determines die range. The "100"LED appears out in the photo, but is lit and may be camera angle. I do not have the original box or instructions that came with it.

Attachment:
IMG_0154.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_0153.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_0150.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:03 pm 

Cool dragonbone!  I can't imagine it would have been fun (or easy) rolling up a character with one.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:46 pm 

I picked up a few boxes of D&D stuff from a guy about 6 years ago. He had one of these, and had put it up on EBay. I think it went for about $80, but as I recall he had the box and manual as well.

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:28 pm 

I think that's the general area mine sold for as well. Maybe low $100s.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:19 pm 

If they have the box...$125 or more...without generally under.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:39 pm 

It's been a while since one has come up. If you know someone with a Worthpoint account, they can get some old auction prices for them. You can also join The Reseller Society Group on Facebook and very nicely ask one of the members there to look it up for you.

I'd say even without the box you could get $150 or more on eBay or the RPGAuctions Group on Facebook. Shoot, stick it up on eBay for a $250 BIN with the "make offer" option enabled - see if you get any bites. Couldn't hurt - Make sure when you list it, that you take a very great picture or two of the battery compartment showing that there isn't any corrosion on the terminals, and that there never has been. Do that with all battery operated electronics.

Good luck