1989 "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" Poster TSR
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:44 pm 

Hello! And nice to meet you all. I've joined this forum specifically to gather information surrounding a bundle of posters I have recently acquired as I can't find anything about them anywhere.

I received them from a friend relatively cheaply, and had someone else suggest they may have value. The main one is a poster depicting a knight (?) on a horse. It is dated 1989 and with an address and copyright at the bottom.

Is it worth anything?

Many thanks for any response.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:49 pm 

I believe those posters were included free with some of the boxed AD&D games from the 80s produced by SSI.

It's hard to assess a value, at least for me, as I've never sold any and couldn't find any 'sold' results on ebay.

The only two I could find on ebay (I didn't do a thorough search, just a cursory one) are being offered at a high price and a lower price.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

** expired eBay auction **

my opinion...list them in the classifieds on this board, or sell on ebay. ask the price you'd like to get and see what happens

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:37 pm 

webrik33 wrote in 1989 "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" Poster TSR:I believe those posters were included free with some of the boxed AD&D games from the 80s produced by SSI.

It's hard to assess a value, at least for me, as I've never sold any and couldn't find any 'sold' results on ebay.

The only two I could find on ebay (I didn't do a thorough search, just a cursory one) are being offered at a high price and a lower price.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

** expired eBay auction **

my opinion...list them in the classifieds on this board, or sell on ebay. ask the price you'd like to get and see what happens

The top poster comes included with the Hillsfar PC game, the second is included with Champions of Krynn.  From what I've seen, the value of those complete games are around $40 USD.

“When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes!” -Winston Zeddemore

Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:11 pm 

Thank you for your responses. I didn't mention that I'm in the UK, and have my eBay searches confined to that so hadn't been able to find these. I'll watch them both and see what happens.

At least I know some better key words next time when I research values!   :D  I'm in no rush to sell this poster, but really do need a clear out. It looks like I'll at least get back what I paid for.