ROC Enterprises The Endless Abyss by Russell &Laura Carleton
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:48 pm 

So, I was fortunate enough to stumble upon not one, but two full sets of 3 The Endless Abyss booklets(Volume I, Volume II - Magic and Miracles, as well as the four page introductory sheet) from ROC Enterprises by Russell and Laura Carleton.  One is in definitely better shape than the other, but while both have their flaws, both sets are at the very least decent shape i.e heavy staple rusting on both book ones, as well as some page staining in one of them, both book twos in really solid condition(one is fine+ at worst and one is in VG+ with just a little more handling wear on the edges and corners).  Both four page pamphlets that go along with the set have some edge and corer wear and one of the two has just a touch of some staining, where as the other does not.

So my question is this, does anyone have any idea what kind of demand and or value these might have now?  From what I can tell, they're extraordinarily rare, especially as a set of three, but does anyone have any ideas about demand and value these days?

I did a search both here and at Tome of Treasures and found very little information at all. Tome of Treasures has nothing at all that I could find and here, I found some brief discussions about a couple that were sold over 10 years ago now(one of which was apparently a volume 2 only? that Deadlord sold for over $200) here:

https://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c=1#p79927

and here:

https://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c=1#p77792

And that's about it.   I can post pictures later on too, if anyone wants to see them. Anyone have any thoughts?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:07 pm 

Here is a couple of not great pictures of them(one of the sets):

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 pm 

I don't know anything about them.

Mark, Brett, Bill, Frank, Geraud, others? :D

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:48 pm 

They certainly don't come up often.. the first more so than the second I think.. can't remember last time one came up.. I have the 2 books but not the sheet

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:55 am 

I have to add two new "holes" to my collector checklist...

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!