TSR Find
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:56 am 

Hey guys,

I didn't even know a site like this existed, but glad I did! I happen to stumble upon a friend of mine's collection hidden in an old storage room. His father was a comic store owner in the late 80's/early 90's. While looking through older cards and belongings, I came across these: Champions, Buck Rodgers, Spelljammer and Cities are sealed. The map and book come from Kingdom of Nithia. I might keep these or send them to a good new home so I could use an appraisal. Thanks in advance!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:43 pm 

Welcome Rancor2x4!
You came to the right place. :)
Be well,
--Ron--

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:58 pm 

You can get a pretty good idea of the value of these items on eBay.  What you do is simply enter the item name, for example, "Forgotten Realms Cities of Mystery" in the eBay search box, click search, and then click on "sold" items check-box on the left-hand side of the page.  Up came about eight or nine or so boxed sets that have sold over the past ninety days.  Some sold for around $40 and some sold for less than $10!  Study those sales.  You'll begin to notice that informative listings by established sellers of high quality items generally sold for the most and low-quality, sloppy listings by sellers with poor reputations generally sold for the least.  You also notice some sales that make no sense because they sold for too much or too little relative to other similar sales, but overall there is a pattern which will emerge.  There are many variables.  Learning what works best and what doesn't takes a little time to learn but no special training.

So, with the kind of items you are selling, not the uber rare stuff, you can find out the value of items on your own.  Asking us to do something that you can do yourself is not what we're about here.  Do some homework.   You got this!  You'll be better off in the end and know without a doubt what their values are!   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:18 pm 

That being said, there is a premium for new in shrink wrap items, as long as the book/box itself is undamaged too.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games