Magic the Gathering - store promotional banner
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:09 pm 

Yeah, yeah, I know this is a D&D site(lol), but I figured there may be some folks who have crossover knowledge about it, since MTG is RPG-like. Being that my knowledge of MTG is pretty much next to zero and thereby I have no idea where to even start(other than the obvious), I was hoping that maybe somebody here might have some insight on the item itself or perhaps a better place to go to get useful information.

I listed this yesterday, but I decided to pull it down today, until I at least see if I can get more information about what it might be worth:

** expired eBay auction **

The item in question is something I picked up in a larger lot of items I bought likely well over a decade ago now. It's a dual sided vinyl/canvas store promotional banner from 2005 for Ravnica-City of Guilds.

It's approximately 45 inches long by 33 1/2 inches wide. Each side has a different image(see pictures in the closed auction).  In my own researching, there's a seller on Ebay(Boulder-Magic) that currently has similar type banners up for sale, but they have them all listed at BINs of $500.00 or higher.  Going through their old sales within the last 90 days on EBay and their feedback, I was unable to find any actual compete sales for any banners at all(let alone at that type of starting price), so they have not been much use.  I also found a couple of random internet postings on forums and reddit, only one of which indicated any sort of pricing for them, of which the person posted indicated they should go for at least $150. Without any way of finding supporting information through a verifiable closed sale, this is of obviously very limited value.

All of which brings me to my question: Does anyone here have any idea what this might be worth?  Or at worst, does anyone know where I can find useful information on it from a pricing perspective?  Any help would be much appreciated.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:04 pm 

bclarkie wrote in Magic the Gathering - store promotional banner:Yeah, yeah, I know this is a D&D site(lol), but I figured there may be some folks who have crossover knowledge about it, since MTG is RPG-like. Being that my knowledge of MTG is pretty much next to zero and thereby I have no idea where to even start(other than the obvious), I was hoping that maybe somebody here might have some insight on the item itself or perhaps a better place to go to get useful information.

I listed this yesterday, but I decided to pull it down today, until I at least see if I can get more information about what it might be worth:

** expired eBay auction **

The item in question is something I picked up in a larger lot of items I bought likely well over a decade ago now. It's a dual sided vinyl/canvas store promotional banner from 2005 for Ravnica-City of Guilds.

It's approximately 45 inches long by 33 1/2 inches wide. Each side has a different image(see pictures in the closed auction).  In my own researching, there's a seller on Ebay(Boulder-Magic) that currently has similar type banners up for sale, but they have them all listed at BINs of $500.00 or higher.  Going through their old sales within the last 90 days on EBay and their feedback, I was unable to find any actual compete sales for any banners at all(let alone at that type of starting price), so they have not been much use.  I also found a couple of random internet postings on forums and reddit, only one of which indicated any sort of pricing for them, of which the person posted indicated they should go for at least $150. Without any way of finding supporting information through a verifiable closed sale, this is of obviously very limited value.

All of which brings me to my question: Does anyone here have any idea what this might be worth?  Or at worst, does anyone know where I can find useful information on it from a pricing perspective?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Try contacting Alex Gygax on facebook.  He knows a TON about Magic stuff.  I talked with him a little about this yesterday.

Thanks,
Scott