Through Dungeons Deep: does anybody own it?
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:26 pm 

I'd like to have a copy of this book (I suppose it's the last one in my personal collection of books about RPGs) but I don't know if the $ 65 asked by an EBay seller are a rip off or the 'right' price. Does anybody own a copy of the book and he is willing to give mesome opinions... :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:52 pm 

Sotterraneo wrote:I'd like to have a copy of this book (I suppose it's the last one in my personal collection of books about RPGs) but I don't know if the $ 65 asked by an EBay seller are a rip off or the 'right' price. Does anybody own a copy of the book and he is willing to give mesome opinions... :D

*meh*. $49 isn't much better, really... :(
Book Details
(You'd have to negotiate on shipping, too, since <abebooks> now stuffs foreign customers).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:57 pm 

ahh... searching through Google's cache, there may have been copies at $18.95 but alas no longer.

Page Not Found | | book.nu

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:21 pm 

harami2000 wrote:ahh... searching through Google's cache, there may have been copies at $18.95 but alas no longer.

Sigh  :cry:  Perhaps when the seller will see the light and understand that $ 65 are too much, perhaps he/she will lower the price...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:51 pm 

Sotterraneo wrote:
harami2000 wrote:ahh... searching through Google's cache, there may have been copies at $18.95 but alas no longer.

Sigh :cry: Perhaps when the seller will see the light and understand that $ 65 are too much, perhaps he/she will lower the price...

Well, if your first print sale goes any higher you might be able to afford to splash out on a ($49) copy...
(Is definitely surprisingly me, that auction!)

Presume no-one else had a copy to offer at any "reasonable price"?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:25 am 

harami2000 wrote:Well, if your first print sale goes any higher you might be able to afford to splash out on a ($49) copy...
(Is definitely surprisingly me, that auction!)

Me too, in a very pleasant way. There is one countryman of mine whom seems deadly bent on winning the books :D  but Aneoth keeps outbidding him. 8O
Presume no-one else had a copy to offer at any "reasonable price"?

Not yet, it seems. But I'm patient - I waited for years to recover a copy of Game Inventor's Handbook by Steve Peek...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:10 am 

So what's the scoop on this book---is it any good?  It's looked interesting, but I haven't been willing to pay a ton for it, which is what it continues to sell for, seemingly.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:52 am 

grodog wrote:So what's the scoop on this book---is it any good?  It's looked interesting, but I haven't been willing to pay a ton for it, which is what it continues to sell for, seemingly.

I read some chapters of it and I must say it's a good book, very useful in understanding this crazy games  :D  and explaining the various game systems of the age. More, the author is not victim of "I see all, I know all" mindset and admits - in writing "I haven't played this game so I can't really have a complete review, but my best guess is...". I really appreciate that  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:28 am 

Through Dungeons Deep is being reprinted in a new (though perhaps not updated??) edition; see Learn D&D by Reading Through Dungeons Deep: A Fantasy Gamers' Handbook, by Robert Plamondon.

edit:  the publisher is Robert Plamondon's press, so he can sign copies if you so desire.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:43 pm 

grodog wrote:Through Dungeons Deep is being reprinted in a new (though perhaps not updated??) edition; see Learn D&D by Reading Through Dungeons Deep: A Fantasy Gamers' Handbook, by Robert Plamondon.

edit:  the publisher is Robert Plamondon's press, so he can sign copies if you so desire.

He is auctioning signed copies on eBay.  One just sold, and one is ending in two days:

. . . nortoncreek in Toys & Hobbies > Games| eBay

Or if you prefer the new eBay eXperience:

. . . eBay listings

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:34 pm 

Rats! No bids from non Americans!

:x

But I have sent a little message to him... who knows?