Judges Guild Stuff - worth?
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:53 pm 

I've just picked up a few JG bits and pieces and I know nothing about them - can soneone give me some idea of values before I list them?
Island Book1 Campaign hex system - 1 map coloured(!) in
Caverns of Thracia
Survival of the fittest - mao sheet part filled
Portals of Iron tooth - pencil marked inside
Temple book - VG

Also how about a 1978 soft back 3ed Monster Manual by GW and GW d&d hexsheets from 1978 - 30 remaining and covered scribbled on a bit!
]Cheers
Carl

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:35 pm 

Thracia is the only one worth more than $5 or so. There were 2 printings, the 2nd printing had the item number (102) in a box about 1/2 way up the left side. I believe the 1st print had the number unboxed on the bottom left. I'll check later, way too lazy tonight to dig thru my collection.
As a general rule, any JG item that is damaged or drawn on is not worth much. Tegel Manor, City-State, and a select few others are exceptions.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:58 am 

carl3369 wrote:Also how about a 1978 soft back 3ed Monster Manual by GW and GW d&d hexsheets from 1978 - 30 remaining and covered scribbled on a bit!

If a few of the sheets are scribbled on, remove them carefully. If it's the cover which is, pity...

The GW MM really needs to be in good condition, too. They fall apart very easily.
The third print is the most common, by far.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:27 am 

harami2000 wrote:
carl3369 wrote:Also how about a 1978 soft back 3ed Monster Manual by GW and GW d&d hexsheets from 1978 - 30 remaining and covered scribbled on a bit!

If a few of the sheets are scribbled on, remove them carefully. If it's the cover which is, pity...

The GW MM really needs to be in good condition, too. They fall apart very easily.

Just gave me an idea, as the first thing I said after reading this was "sure, but none of them are common!".  I humbly suggest we replace the 1-5 rarity scale with something to which we can all relate, the monster "Frequency" scale: very rare, rare, uncommon, common.  :)

Ummm...I didn't say all my ideas were gems.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:29 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:If a few of the sheets are scribbled on, remove them carefully. If it's the cover which is, pity...

Just gave me an idea, as the first thing I said after reading this was "sure, but none of them are common!". I humbly suggest we replace the 1-5 rarity scale with something to which we can all relate, the monster "Frequency" scale: very rare, rare, uncommon, common. :)

Ummm...I didn't say all my ideas were gems.

Or, if you want to go that route, you could always use the No. Appearing scale as well.  :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:33 am 

bclarkie wrote:Or, if you want to go that route, you could always use the No. Appearing scale as well. :D

What's a good figure for a PoVQ?  Let's see.  Vampires.   8O (Is anyone else a little freaked out that No. Appearing on them is 1-4?)
Dwarven Glory:  40-400?  Ok, this system may have a flaw or two.  8)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:10 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Or, if you want to go that route, you could always use the No. Appearing scale as well. :D

What's a good figure for a PoVQ? Let's see. Vampires.  8O (Is anyone else a little freaked out that No. Appearing on them is 1-4?)
Dwarven Glory: 40-400? Ok, this system may have a flaw or two. 8)

oh i will happily have that many dwarven glory's for the same value :)

Are we nearly there yet?