Inquest 50th Anniversary Issues
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:06 pm 

Hey Everyone, i was digging through some old boxes and found these two items.  At first i couldn't remember what exactly I was looking at.  Inquest was not something i bought (ever), and it finally struck me when I turned them over as to why i nabbed them.  I guess the anniversary edition of the magazine had two versions\covers for the same issue and they both came with the Gray Queen module.  The magazine wraps are intact except for a 1 inch tear on the top of one of them and the contents appear to have zero wear or creases.  I am guessing this module was awful because I think I saw two references to it when I did a search.  Any idea on what they may be worth?  

Thanks in advance.

-SKA

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:30 am 

This has been discussed before in a Silver Anniversary thread:

Zenopus wrote in Silver Anniversary List:IQ3 Warriors of the Gray Queen is a module by Jeff Grubb that came loose with Inquest #50 (June 1999). It's digest-sized, ties in with Return to the Keep on the Borderlands, and has the Silver Anniversary logo on the cover....... I have IQ3 and with this one the entire module is in the digest book. It's 16 pages, including an ad on the back for Return to the Keep on the Borderlands ("You're older. You're wiser. So what happened back there in the CHAPEL OF EVIL CHAOS?"). If I recall, the magazine hardly makes any reference to the module; there's not an article about it. I actually sold the magazine (for about $1) and kept the module for this reason.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:38 am 

But they have POKEMON on the magazine wraps, so they could be worth ... MILLIONS  :money:

SKA, if you are interested in selling them, please let me know, as they are an interesting bit of ephemera.

Thanks in Advance - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:44 am 

I didn't see that thread.  The one I was referring to is here Re: Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay

Sorry for the really bad link.  I'm suffering from forum rust  :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:34 pm 

Probably $30-50 would be my guess. If you plan on auctioning just advertise here and start low to get people to bid. Or you can do what other people do with my advise and start it at  around 2-3 times higher than my high price  8O

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:51 pm 

Thanks Guys.  I actually took some time to see if the 'other' stuff in the bag had any kind of value too, like the Deadlands cards.  I couldn't find anything of note out there on the web.  I laughed at the Pokemon plug.  I will never understand the allure of that game.  I swear my kids have 10,000 of those darn cards.  I kid you not that one will find it's way into my coffin when I'm buried just to torment me!   :o

-SKA