Gen Con
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:44 am 

Went to Gen Con several years in the 1990's.  Pulled a box from storage had a bag with all the freebie hand outs.  Are there other cards from that era that are exclusive to gencon?  I do have 4 of the bloodwar Molydeus.  Never played been in the bag since 1995.  What value do these 4 cards hold?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:10 pm 

I've seen Molydeus go for between $50 and $75 - but it's hit or miss (with emphasis on miss).  My experience with collecting Spellfire and Blood Wars CCGs leads me to believe that (usually) people who pay high prices for these cards intend on collecting *and* playing them.  There aren't too many people playing Blood Wars these days.

As far as the other GenCon specific items, as with all valuations, it depends on what you have and in what condition.  That said, the Planescape Sketchbook was a GenCon exclusive from that era and it generally commands between $1500 and $2500 depending on condition.

-Skull

“When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes!” -Winston Zeddemore

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:09 pm 

I brought my son there several years.  He wanted to go to meet authors of d&d and I went to get autographs of star trek stars.  So we weren't really into the card games.  We just put the cards into the bag as we walked.  I just found the bag buried in a storage box and was throwing out all the gen con hand outs.  I saw other cards like rage/wing commander/spellfire(wardmeister strategy)/galactic empires/redemption/and a card from horizon games with a griffin like creature on its draw side and its a winter solstice card. Then star trek starter packs never opened.  It was just a great little time capsule of our past outings.  Thanks for your reply.