2nd Edition Players/DM supplements
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:46 pm 

Anybody know what these tend to go for on eBay?

eg. Complete _____'s Handbook, etc.  I have an opportunity to buy about 8-10 of them for $20 (total, not each), not sure if it's worth it to pick them up and list on eBay.  I'm not particularly interested in them for my own collection...VG to NM condition.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:55 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Anybody know what these tend to go for on eBay?

eg. Complete _____'s Handbook, etc. I have an opportunity to buy about 8-10 of them for $20 (total, not each), not sure if it's worth it to pick them up and list on eBay. I'm not particularly interested in them for my own collection...VG to NM condition.

I just sold a bunch of those books in about the same condition range this past week on Ebay and they averaged about $5.00-$6.00 each.  So that seems to me to be a pretty good price assuming that shipping cost doesn't turn out to be too high.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:58 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Anybody know what these tend to go for on eBay?

eg. Complete _____'s Handbook, etc. I have an opportunity to buy about 8-10 of them for $20 (total, not each), not sure if it's worth it to pick them up and list on eBay. I'm not particularly interested in them for my own collection...VG to NM condition.

I just sold a bunch of those books in about the same condition range this past week on Ebay and they averaged about $5.00-$6.00 each. So that seems to me to be a pretty good price assuming that shipping cost doesn't turn out to be too high.

Shipping is $0.  This is in a local used book store.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:25 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Shipping is $0. This is in a local used book store.

IMO, then yes, I would definitely say that is a pretty good deal :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:38 pm 

PHBR1 to 14 sell for $3 to $10, depending on condition and who's bidding. PHBR13 (druid) sells in the range of $10 to $20 and PHBR15 (ninja) around $20, can go as high as $30 or more.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:22 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:PHBR1 to 14 sell for $3 to $10, depending on condition and who's bidding. PHBR13 (druid) sells in the range of $10 to $20 and PHBR15 (ninja) around $20, can go as high as $30 or more.

Thanks guys.  I went ahead and bought them, Ralf's estimate on the Ninja's Handbook alone makes it a good gamble.  Do printings matter with these items?  Some appear to be 1sts as they don't state otherwise.

I'm going to list them on eBay soon, mostly to gain some practice in the selling process before listing some more valuable stuff.  If you're curious, here's the contents:

DMGR2 - The Castle Guide
DMGR4 - Monster Mythology (I might hang onto this one, very well written, which is not surprising when you consider Carl Sargent is credited)
PHBR4 - Complete Wizard's Handbook
PHBR5 - Complete Psionic's Handbook
PHBR10 - Complete Humanoid's Handbook
PHBR15 - Complete Ninja's Handbook

The Psionic's Handbook is defective, with the second-to-last signature (97-112) duplicated and the last one (113-128) missing, strangely enough.  Anybody else's copy have this?  :?:

YIM  

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:08 pm 

Printings don't matter for these since they were mass-produced. At least not to most people...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:46 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
Ralf Toth wrote:PHBR1 to 14 sell for $3 to $10, depending on condition and who's bidding. PHBR13 (druid) sells in the range of $10 to $20 and PHBR15 (ninja) around $20, can go as high as $30 or more.

Thanks guys. I went ahead and bought them, Ralf's estimate on the Ninja's Handbook alone makes it a good gamble. Do printings matter with these items? Some appear to be 1sts as they don't state otherwise.

I'm going to list them on eBay soon, mostly to gain some practice in the selling process before listing some more valuable stuff. If you're curious, here's the contents:

DMGR2 - The Castle Guide
DMGR4 - Monster Mythology (I might hang onto this one, very well written, which is not surprising when you consider Carl Sargent is credited)
PHBR4 - Complete Wizard's Handbook
PHBR5 - Complete Psionic's Handbook
PHBR10 - Complete Humanoid's Handbook
PHBR15 - Complete Ninja's Handbook

The Psionic's Handbook is defective, with the second-to-last signature (97-112) duplicated and the last one (113-128) missing, strangely enough. Anybody else's copy have this? :?:

I think the value of the Ninjas HB is over rated.  They typically sell for less if you buy on Ebay, in the $10 to $15 range, I've had one in my Ebay store now for about a year at $20 with no takers.  IMO one of the hardest to find is Monster Mythology, simply because due to a flaw in the printing process these tend to lose their covers much more than other titles in the series. The most valuable seems to be the Necromancers HB , which you can usually get $35 or more for on Ebay.

Mike B.