Grand Imperialism (Heritage/Gametime)
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:35 pm 

Just found an absolute peach of a copy of Grand Imperialism.  I had a very hard time convincing myself that this wasn't some sort of reprint; it's in absolutely glorious shape, and looks as if it might have been played once.  The board is pristine, the rules sheets are crisp, the cards are in great shape, and not all of the counters are even punched.  As for the box, I've seen boxes on store shelves with more wear.  Anyone have any idea what a really nice-quality copy of the game might fetch nowadays?  I'm honestly not even sure I want to sell, but such things are good to know.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:39 pm 

Being a boardgame, I think you'd have the most luck over at board game geek. As a reminder, not all counters punched means it is punched, which would limit the upper end of its value, as board game collectors want their games unpunched.

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:25 pm 

Old boardgames do not seem to have the same collecting appeal as RPG stuff. Most people into boardgames don't seem to care about rare games from the 70s, and prices reflect that.

I have a copy of Imperialism at home (Flying Buffalo, 1974) that was the precursor to Grand Imperialism (Gametime Games, 1978) that I picked up for maybe $10.

Just no interest in the community for older games, maybe because they just want to play the games (unlike here, where people want to collect....)

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.