80s Citadel Miniatures
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:25 am 

I need a bit of advice as to where I can find prices for these.

I have a large collection of miniatures (about 3,000) mainly elves, dwarves and ogres, that I want to get rid of, but can't find what they are worth. I would rather keep them than let them go for pennies.

The figures I have are from between 1976 and 1986, mostly unpainted and mainly boxed. Some early Ral partha, but mainly Citadel. I have tried EBay completed searches, but mostly drawn a blank. Does anyone know of a site for miniatures that gives price estimations?

I have not even been able to find some of the boxed sets in web searches, 1986 Eleven Attack Charioty and 1985 The Dragon Masters.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:11 pm 

You will have not problem getting a good price for them, especially if they are unpainted and boxed. Miniatures are quite popular currently. There are really no sites that I'm aware of that would give you the information that you are looking for. Maybe someone else knows of some? You could use current/past pricing for identical or similar items sold on eBay as a template. I'd recommend placing a reserve price but it would probably not be necessary.

Listing them in the classified section here would probably increase the interest come auction time. You might even get some decent private offers from forum members for some, or all, of them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:42 am 

Thanks for the input. I have tried past price searches and have not come up with anything on most of the boxes I have. Most were rereleased and these occur relatively often.

I do not want to give them away, but would like to see them go to a 'good home'. I spoke to a local games shop and they offered me 10p (18 cents) a figure unboxed and 20p (36 cents a figure) boxed and was not even interested in what they were. Obviously I took them up on the offer, LOL!!!!

I will try and get a full list together and post it in the classified section when I get back from my business trip.

Off the top of my head I know I have (all original - boxed - all unassembled and unpainted)

Golfag's Mercenary Ogres (8) (+ 1 officer and 1 champion not in the box)
Lead belcher
Dwarf Lord's of Legend
Lothern City Elven Guardsman
Elven Attack Chariot
Bugman's Dwarf Rangers
Skarloc's Wood Elf Archers
The Dragon Masters
Prince Ulther's Imperial Dwarfs - The Dragon Company

If anyone has any real interest let me know.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:39 pm 

Epicrates_cenchria wrote:Thanks for the input. I have tried past price searches and have not come up with anything on most of the boxes I have. Most were rereleased and these occur relatively often.

I do not want to give them away, but would like to see them go to a 'good home'. I spoke to a local games shop and they offered me 10p (18 cents) a figure unboxed and 20p (36 cents a figure) boxed and was not even interested in what they were. Obviously I took them up on the offer, LOL!!!!

I will try and get a full list together and post it in the classified section when I get back from my business trip.

Off the top of my head I know I have (all original - boxed - all unassembled and unpainted)

Golfag's Mercenary Ogres (8) (+ 1 officer and 1 champion not in the box)
Lead belcher
Dwarf Lord's of Legend
Lothern City Elven Guardsman
Elven Attack Chariot
Bugman's Dwarf Rangers
Skarloc's Wood Elf Archers
The Dragon Masters
Prince Ulther's Imperial Dwarfs - The Dragon Company

If anyone has any real interest let me know.

I have real interest, I collect many miniatures and I am always looking for another thousand or so to add to my collection, check out my feedback on Ebay under Blackmoor and you can see my buying habits.  PM me your list please!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:31 pm 

I am definitely interested in some of those box sets you have.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:36 am 

I am away on business after the weekend for over a week and come back "in at the deep end".

I will try and sort out the minis when I can and post a list, probably not 'til the end on march.

Thanks
Spencer

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:57 am 

Hi,
Just wonder if you sold your figures? If you have any left please let me know, I'm looking for the elf chariot.

/BR Gobben