Dungeons and Dragons Original set + predate Games, TSR SPI.
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:26 am 

Hello everyone,

I am trying to make up for a somewhat big mistake I made previously selling early last year.

I have inherited my dad's original Dungeons & Dragons booklets and sets. I didn't know the value of the original set that I had first print Alpha or had a really sell it so I listed it on eBay. Following the sale o noticed a forum page was made about me being a eBay seller with low reviews and the set probably being fake or a scam. Sadly realizing that this is why I didn't get as much as I had hoped for it. 800 dollars. Yes I sold them to some collector for 800 bucks.  Original hand made set
.. Oh well hopefully he didn't just flip it.

IN PHOTOTS- SPI AND TSR BOARD GAMES. SOME MAGAZINES. RARE BOX COVER, ECT.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE A VALUE ON MINITURES TANK SET. Greatly appreciated. Everything is for sale!

Anyway here's the stuff I have left was wondering if any of you could provide me on some value insight for what I have. I also have stuff that doesn't pertain to Dungeons & Dragons but predates it, same creators. SPI TSR. If  you know where I can sell them, what form to use, or if they're worth anything let me know thank you!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Silentshot232 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:47 am 

Howdy,  we are looking forward to reading the list of the stuff you would like to sell.

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:48 am 

Let me know adding more!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:49 am 

More

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:06 am 

Guidon Games wargamining with minitures- First-origional..

Frigate seawar
Island war
Middle earth the ring of trilogy
World war 3 1976 1984
Dreadnought 1906-45
War in the west.- my father said he actually bought this from the person who made it at a gaming convention and that it was one of his first.
Firefight modem us and Soviet small unit tactics
TSR blank map 2 of them.
Strategy and tactics magazine

Taskforce
After the holocaust
Swords and sorcery- First original print
Lankhmar- First original print.
Well they are all first original..
Ares magixanes
Richthofens war
Commando
Mechwars 2
fifth corps

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:30 am 

- The Middle Earth / War of the Ring SPI flat-tray game, if complete, is worth $125 - $150.  (Is that the flat-tray version though? It looks kind of small in that picture...).

- Open up your AD&D PHB and see which printing it is, and if it has orange or white flyleaves.

- Your four mini books are around $35 a piece.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:30 pm 

Check the Deities and Demigods book for the Melnibonean and Lankhmar pantheons. Though not really rare, they do command a higher price than those versions of the book without. Very in-demand.

I have picked up two Lankhmar games in recent months. One (a 1st print) was just over $30, that was missing blank cards and had serious highlighting issues on the rulebook. The other was $20. Aside from a poor condition box, the rest was fairly good and complete. Maybe VG to Fine condition. The auction was not well put-together, so I think that hurt the final bid.

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:34 pm 

On the off ... Off ... OFF chance, check the DMG to see if there are any pages (starting around pg 90) that are monster listings. There was a very rare misprint, which might fall into the time frame when these books were purchased.

Let us know what neat stuff you find ;-)

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:34 pm 

oh yea i see it on pages 101 102 umm few others?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:44 pm 

Hey everyone sorry for the late response I was busy going through over 400 of my comic books then I'm going to be selling appraisals ect. I have Marvel Archie vampires horrors betty laungo superman superbly Superbowl avengers ect all 1970s if anyone is interest. Just to name a few. 1st to 400th print haha

okay so not really sure what I'm looking for as far as looks go but this is what they saying on the first page inside! One actually does include a lizard man on the first page I noticed the friends kind of off angle as a bottom kind of goes in a slam talks about Lake Geneva that's on supplement 1. I would also like to add bok has nice tight feel as if it trying to close when I open it. Guessing never used

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:56 pm 

Books. Hey sorry for the delay on updating with the box I was having trouble with letting us know they were missing a large that you're at work that's gone anyway let me know if you guys think p.m. me if you're interested I can stop up on me base now and its want my counselor completely back up and paid also I had a lot of seller fees haha. Once again they don't say what edition it's very fustrating...

ALSO do red or yellow insert pages mean anything? Players handbook has yellow. Manual has red! Not sure if this is bad but the deities has a 1980 date... unlike the others.. I definitly had 4 pictures ffa

Last edited by Silentshot232 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:59 pm 

SimperingToad wrote in Dungeons and Dragons Original set + predate Games, TSR SPI.:Check the Deities and Demigods book for the Melnibonean and Lankhmar pantheons. Though not really rare, they do command a higher price than those versions of the book without. Very in-demand.

I have picked up two Lankhmar games in recent months. One (a 1st print) was just over $30, that was missing blank cards and had serious highlighting issues on the rulebook. The other was $20. Aside from a poor condition box, the rest was fairly good and complete. Maybe VG to Fine condition. The auction was not well put-together, so I think that hurt the final bid.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:55 am 

Silentshot232 wrote in Dungeons and Dragons Original set + predate Games, TSR SPI.:Books. Hey sorry for the delay on updating with the box I was having trouble with letting us know they were missing a large that you're at work that's gone anyway let me know if you guys think p.m. me if you're interested I can stop up on me base now and its want my counselor completely back up and paid also I had a lot of seller fees haha. Once again they don't say what edition it's very fustrating...

ALSO do red or yellow insert pages mean anything? Players handbook has yellow. Manual has red! Not sure if this is bad but the deities has a 1980 date... unlike the others.. I definitly had 4 pictures ffa

Please let us know which book has the E. Gary Gygax signature in it and can you provide a better photo showing the signature & book in one image?

Thanks in Advance - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:24 pm 

PM-Knight wrote in Dungeons and Dragons Original set + predate Games, TSR SPI.:Please let us know which book has the E. Gary Gygax signature in it and can you provide a better photo showing the signature & book in one image?

Thanks in Advance - Paul

I suspect that's from the Preface in the PHB.

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:55 am 

Yup..... COME ON GUYS tell me more can i get any money for any of this? what else do you need pics of i  dont knoq WHAT to show you haha..... INFOINFO