1994 Planescape Belt Buckle (Painted Version)
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:03 pm 

Hi Guys and Gals.

Dug out a load of stuff for a clear out just before Christmas and came across a few old pewter belt buckles ... and this little gem from the past popped out into my hand. The 1994 officially licensed Planescape Lady of Pain buckle (painted version).

Unfortunately I haven't got a clue what it's worth, so if anyone has seen one of these sold (or even advertised ... the only one I could find on any of the eBay sites I tried failed to sell at $1250) I would be most appreciative of the heads up.

And as I would prefer it ended up in the hands of a collector rather than just as a curiosity in someone's drawers, I'll post up when I'm setting the auction going.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:40 pm 

I've had a word with the guy who has his listed at $1250 on the US site and he based his price on the last one he saw sell at an open auction ($1300), I'm thinking of starting mine on an open auction in about a week at around half that price ($600/£440 approx) ... good idea or bad in your opinions guys?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:18 pm 

Sounds reasonable.  I've always had a bit of luck with eBay BINs (have the final price what you're shooting for, but include a Best Offer option)

“When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes!” -Winston Zeddemore

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:35 pm 

It's up and started ... posting it up on the classifieds section now  :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:32 pm 

Hi Gendibal,

Its Mark from Ebay.  I posted in the Collecting General thread before I checked here.  I saw your pictures on Ebay and was wondering if your buckle has the same level of detail on the back as mine or not - sometimes can't quite tell if it is simply shadows or photo autoadjust, etc.  The modron (guy on the left in the 2nd picture) seems more sunken into the metal and the words in the boxes don't quite seem as crisp.

Also, is yellow/gold the dominant colour on the front as it appears in the picture? I'm sure these were all hand done so there is some artistic license.

Thanks,
Mark

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:56 pm 

Hi again Mark   :)   PM me your best email address and I'll send you the close up pics I have of the back (with some better angles for depth) and better ones of the front. As for the artistic license, I think the enameled version could be classed as individual (the 3 I've seen have all had slightly different patterns and colour distribution). But yes, the yellow/gold is dominant.

D'oh ... got the email address, pics should be with you.