Silverdawn
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:38 pm 

An auction on Ebay just finished for a Silverdawn module and it got me to wondering about the ones I have. Admittedly, I don't know much about them so any insight would be appreciated.

Carpe DM!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:30 pm 

I have a few of their products, but they are not easy to find.

Looks like you have more than one printing of the Silverdawn world setting.  Perhaps one of the original manuscripts?

You could contact Stratochamp on this topic, if he doesn't see this post.  He might be able to provide some additional insight, as I think he has a lot of the product produced by ECI.

Perhaps you have already seen this list:

Entertainment Concepts Incorporated

Interestingly, they also produced this:

Tome of Treasures - D&D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:17 pm 

The Silverdawn books are quite rare, though unfortunately they don't typically command large valuations.  There just aren't that many folks collecting this stuff.  A set of a number of them sold at the Gen Con auction this year, though I don't recall the price; and they were mixed in with other items.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:34 am 

dbartman wrote in Silverdawn:I have a few of their products, but they are not easy to find.

Looks like you have more than one printing of the Silverdawn world setting.  Perhaps one of the original manuscripts?

You could contact Stratochamp on this topic, if he doesn't see this post.  He might be able to provide some additional insight, as I think he has a lot of the product produced by ECI.

Perhaps you have already seen this list:

Entertainment Concepts Incorporated

Interestingly, they also produced this:

Tome of Treasures - D&D

Thanks! I had not see that company listing.  :)

Bracton wrote in Silverdawn:The Silverdawn books are quite rare, though unfortunately they don't typically command large valuations.  There just aren't that many folks collecting this stuff.  A set of a number of them sold at the Gen Con auction this year, though I don't recall the price; and they were mixed in with other items.

Thanks. I did find some information here in the forums but most discussion about it seems to have been some time back.

I looked closer into what I had and the print out is a copy of the rules. When it was printed I have no idea but I did find this neat letter in with it.

It is VERY faded. It is barely legible in hand. I took a picture and greatly adjusted the coloring to get it as shown.

It is signed by Bill Peschel(?). His last name isn't clear because of the fading and his signature is over the top of the typed text.

Carpe DM!

Last edited by cdenham on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:44 am 

Any clue about who should be Laura?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:46 am 

Unfortunately, I do not. It would be neat to find her or Bill and see what they recall of this.  :D

Carpe DM!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:58 am 

Not sure who Laura is either but Bill is still around - a number of items I have (and the ones on the Tome) are from Bill.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:21 am 

Semi-relatedly:  Mark, it looks like you got the ToT site/forums back up and running?

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:09 pm 

There was one up on ebay a couple of days ago. went for $125+

I think Noble Knight has one of them in Fair condition

I only have one of the items produced by them. Every time I've seen one come up it usually goes $75-100 or more

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:24 pm 

grodog wrote in Silverdawn:Semi-relatedly:  Mark, it looks like you got the ToT site/forums back up and running?

The forums themselves should be okay.  A number of us uploaded our photos directly to the webpage (for example, all of mine should be available) but some people (like TFM) used Photobucket.  Photobucket changed their policy a while back to so in order to get "3rd party hosting" they are now charging users ~ $300 a year or so - so these photos are no longer available.  I was trying to see if I can get the photos and then transfer them directly to the Tome but that would also mean updating a lot of links and I got sidetracked.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:29 am 

Here is a Silverdawn PBM listing with lots of extra material, if you don't mind the over $30.00 in shipping  PDT_Armataz_01_05
https://www.ebay.com/itm/54667968873565 ... 7968873565

I contacted the seller about the shipping and they said
"We have this shipping media mail, when we look at the listing the shipping is not that high."

After re-reading their description, I saw this: "As a reminder the shipping price is a shipping and handling price."  :roll:

The auction was at $26/27 when I came across it and was hoping to get it around $35-50, plus the egregious shipping ... but it went crazy right at the end.

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:58 pm 

I was surprised the lot went for that much considering that everything could be mold infested. I hope not for the buyer's sake.

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:40 am 

Sometimes, one wonders whether that last item you need to complete a set will ever be found. It has taken a decade of searching, but at last, the quest is over.

Attachment:
Mystery of Wizards Island.jpg

I have only seen one other copy of Mystery of Wizard's Island ever before, in the Library of Stratochamp. For the longest time, I didn't actually believe there were any other copies. Finally, last week, one appeared on eBay, and it now has a new home.  :D

Here is the complete Silverdawn set, all together.

Attachment:
Entertainment Concepts.jpg

I am aware of the various Silverdawn PBM materials, but I don't consider them part of the FRP canon (though Kaldarius is a bit of a hybrid). And I think there is a different cover version of the World of Silverdawn. But as far as I am concerned, the explorer can finally return home to rest, the holy grail in hand.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:46 am 

Congratulations on the fulfillment of your quest!  Thanks for sharing!

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:49 pm 

Bracton wrote in Silverdawn:Sometimes, one wonders whether that last item you need to complete a set will ever be found. It has taken a decade of searching, but at last, the quest is over.

Congrats Bracton!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:23 pm 

Congratulations!!

I did see a copy sold on eBay recently, and the eBay photos show the item as blue.  However, one of your photos clearly show the item as off white.  I'm curious why your photo would make the color of the item different from reality.  Maybe it's sitting on a magic carpet??

:?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:12 pm 

Mystery of Wizard's Island is definitely blue. It's probably just an artifact of the lighting.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:02 am 

Very nice !!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!