Woodgrain Box 3rd edition
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:15 am 

Hi Fellow collectors! I need your advise on this 3rd printing set of D&D, I want to sell it and wanted to know how much you think its worth. The box looks to be in good condition but the Books haven't been touched. Its as if they bought it and put it away. They look to be in mint condition. Everything is there including the reference sheets and errata sheet,  the only thing missing is the dice. Thanks in advance for the help.:)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:32 am 

Gemseeker wrote in Woodgrain Box 3rd edition:Hi Fellow collectors! I need your advise on this 3rd printing set of D&D, I want to sell it and wanted to know how much you think its worth. The box looks to be in good condition but the Books haven't been touched. Its as if they bought it and put it away. They look to be in mint condition. Everything is there including the reference sheets and errata sheet,  the only thing missing is the dice. Thanks in advance for the help.:)

You've got some other books there to consider (if your planning on selling everything in the picture, that is).  There has been a steady increase in values for these older items, and if you're selling as a mixed lot (with the other books shown), it's hard to estimate a total value.  Especially if have several bidders who desire a woodgrain box set (but a 1st or 2nd printing are monetarily out of reach).  It's a very good time to sell and the 3rd print by itself should sell in excess of $1,000 (IMHO).  I hesitate to assign a value (other than over the $1000 mark) due to the variables currently in this part of the RPG collecting market.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:40 am 

I agree: >1k usd would be the amount i expect from a sale of that beauty!

Btw: pls sell the other booklets separately and you will likely add >100 usd from them as well!

Ciaoo

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:48 am 

Ditto.

If you do decide to sell it, please keep me in mind. :)

Thanks!

Craig

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:40 am 

Gemseeker wrote in Woodgrain Box 3rd edition: the only thing missing is the dice.

Good news, you have a complete set, no dice came with the Original Box Sets

You also have a 2nd Print Chainmail, definitely sell that separately.
Check out this link if you haven't already

Chainmail

The Greyhawk and Blackmoor Supplements didn't come with the Box Set either and you'll probably want to sell them separately
check out this link to help figure out the Printing on them or other info

Supplements

The War of Wizards Book is a a 2nd Print of that item (1st TSR printing). It should include a map, cardboard counters and some other things. Very much should be sold separately from the rest.
Check out this link for detailed info on it

War of Wizards | Tekumel Collecting

Last edited by Mister Yuk on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:38 am 

Hi Guys! thanks for the help! I'll probably sell the blackmoor and the greyhawk with the set. I'll sell the chainmail and the war of wizards separately. I add more pics, close ups so you can better see its condition.
muaddib5 wrote in Woodgrain Box 3rd edition:
Gemseeker wrote in Woodgrain Box 3rd edition:Hi Fellow collectors! I need your advise on this 3rd printing set of D&D, I want to sell it and wanted to know how much you think its worth. The box looks to be in good condition but the Books haven't been touched. Its as if they bought it and put it away. They look to be in mint condition. Everything is there including the reference sheets and errata sheet,  the only thing missing is the dice. Thanks in advance for the help.:)

You've got some other books there to consider (if your planning on selling everything in the picture, that is).  There has been a steady increase in values for these older items, and if you're selling as a mixed lot (with the other books shown), it's hard to estimate a total value.  Especially if have several bidders who desire a woodgrain box set (but a 1st or 2nd printing are monetarily out of reach).  It's a very good time to sell and the 3rd print by itself should sell in excess of $1,000 (IMHO).  I hesitate to assign a value (other than over the $1000 mark) due to the variables currently in this part of the RPG collecting market.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:09 pm 

Here are the pics. Enjoy.
Gemseeker wrote in Woodgrain Box 3rd edition:
Hi Guys! thanks for the help! I'll probably sell the blackmoor and the greyhawk with the set. I'll sell the chainmail and the war of wizards separately. I add more pics, close ups so you can better see its condition.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:11 pm 

Here are the pics. Enjoy.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:13 pm 

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:14 pm 

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:15 pm 

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:18 pm 

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:21 pm 

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:23 pm 

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:27 pm 

Definitely sell the Chainmail, Greyhawk, Blackmore, Tractics and War of Wizards separately...that Greyhawk (being a 1st print) alone is going to get you some nice coin !! Also post in the classifieds where you sell them...I have no doubt you will have a feeding frenzy for many of your items ;)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:35 pm 

Thanks Lordan. The wars or wizards is missing some of the game pieces. But is still in great condition. Would be good for someone who would wanna replace there book in there existing collection. The tractics to is missing some things. It just has the correction sheets( one in each of them) and nothing else.
Lordan wrote in Woodgrain Box 3rd edition:Definitely sell the Chainmail, Greyhawk, Blackmore, Tractics and War of Wizards separately...that Greyhawk (being a 1st print) alone is going to get you some nice coin !! Also post in the classifieds where you sell them...I have no doubt you will have a feeding frenzy for many of your items ;)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:53 pm 

Gemseeker wrote in Woodgrain Box 3rd edition:Thanks Lordan. The wars or wizards is missing some of the game pieces. But is still in great condition. Would be good for someone who would wanna replace there book in there existing collection. The tractics to is missing some things. It just has the correction sheets( one in each of them) and nothing else.

I'm interested in the Tractics for sure...even missing stuff ;)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:12 pm 

Thanks for the extra pics.  The woody is super solid and I think will do very well.  There's a difference of opinion as to keeping everything together or selling separately (what's the provenance of the items, did they originally come from a recognizable person in the RPG world, etc).  Good luck!