How Much is that Lizardman Logo Worth?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:43 pm 

Hey Guys,  

I already have a monochrome set of the Against the Giants modules.  But...I would really like to get some of the first edition with the lizardman logo.  

Ebay currently has a couple of the Giants modules, lizardman logo and all, but for $107-116 dollars each?  That seems pricey considering what the other modules are going for.  Does that Lizardman logo really increase the value 5x?

Thanks for your help!

R

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:42 pm 

robertleegrant wrote in How Much is that Lizardman Logo Worth?:Hey Guys,  

I already have a monochrome set of the Against the Giants modules.  But...I would really like to get some of the first edition with the lizardman logo.  

Ebay currently has a couple of the Giants modules, lizardman logo and all, but for $107-116 dollars each?  That seems pricey considering what the other modules are going for.  Does that Lizardman logo really increase the value 5x?

Thanks for your help!

R

Looking at what items are selling for is rarely a good way to determine the value of an item.  To more accurately determine an item's worth is to look at what an item sold for rather than what it's selling for.  Sold items can be displayed by logging into eBay, entering key words into your search and clicking on the "sold" dialogue box on the left-hand side of the search results screen.  I did this for "G1 Steading" and looked through the sold search results and voila!  

** expired eBay auction **

One recently sold in decent condition for $38.95 including shipping.  Be patient, you should be able to find/get a similar item for around that price instead of having to pay over $100.00.  The more patient you are, the better the deal you'll usually be able to get.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:14 am 

robertleegrant wrote in How Much is that Lizardman Logo Worth?:Hey Guys,  

Thanks for your help!

R

From what I've seen, there isn't much distinction in price (or value) between printings of the monochrome modules. They are common enough that you shouldn't have to overpay (not sure $107 is 5x, but it is certainly 2x), just be patient in waiting for the lizardman logos first prints.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:56 pm 

Condition... Condition... Condition...

If was a Mint Condition module, it could command a better dollar... but that would be an exception to the rule...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:41 am 

Heh - problem with adventures is that they are generally used for playing.

I used to like to buy D&D lots. I mean, it's fun - and I got so much useless crap in there, but sometimes I got out some hidden gems (like a mint first print DM screen).
But 99,9% of the times, it is crap, ok.

Once I received one, and digging inside I found out what looked like a near mint first print G3...

... only to find out on opening it that it had been scribbled all over with different kinds of highlighters (yellow, azure and red) plus black ink and pencil.
And the owner, just to be sure, also put in his name (so nobody would steal his stuff).

I cringed. Lots.

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM