Rare 2nd printing alpha AD&D DMG
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:00 am 

My father donated his old RPG stuff to me a few years back, and I went to look through it the other day. I was eager to find the older stuff, and was very shocked to find some original Advanced Dungeons and Dragons books, one of which was a Dungeon's Master's Guide. I was annoyed to find pages of the Monster Manual in it, but later was surprised when i found the value of this recalled reprint. Is there anyone here who has any experience selling rare D&D books?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:47 am 

Tristo2021 wrote in Rare 2nd printing alpha AD&D DMG:My father donated his old RPG stuff to me a few years back, and I went to look through it the other day. I was eager to find the older stuff, and was very shocked to find some original Advanced Dungeons and Dragons books, one of which was a Dungeon's Master's Guide. I was annoyed to find pages of the Monster Manual in it, but later was surprised when i found the value of this recalled reprint. Is there anyone here who has any experience selling rare D&D books?

Quite a find, congrats.  You will do best to find the widest market (probably E-Bay), although there are other alternatives, such as soliciting offers in the classifieds here, and there is also a facebook group dedicated to gaming sales. Just by posting here, you are probably going to get some substantial private offers as well.

Post photographs that clearly and thoroughly lay out the condition of the piece.  Also, you will want to establish that this is the 2nd Alpha print (with photographs) as well.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:55 am 

Here's an old thread which should prove helpful in giving you an idea of it's value:

Rare Advanced D&D Dungeon Masters Guide 2nd Print Beta

8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:07 pm 

I opened up an auction on eBay for it with pictures. Starting bid is $900.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:27 pm 

Looks like someone really wanted it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:37 am 

Tristo2021 wrote in Rare 2nd printing alpha AD&D DMG:I opened up an auction on eBay for it with pictures. Starting bid is $900.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Nice Condition for this one!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!