RE: TSR1 - Insidious (1st Printing) - Die Cast Games, Inc.
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:47 pm 

I am thinking about selling my copy of TSR1 Insidious (1st Printing) published by Die Cast Games, and I am curious as to what members here suspect it might sell for on eBay.  This is the module with the banned Advanced Dungeons & Dragons cover.  It went up for sale on the Acaeum web-site back in the summer of 2010 here:

Die Cast Games, Inc. releases TSR1-INSIDIOUS  AD&D adven

NobleKnight currently has a copy listed for sale at $395.00, and has for some time, so it's worth less than that.  Back in 2012, a copy sold at NTX for $50.00, so I am pretty sure it's worth at least that amount.  Other than that, I can't find much sales data.  It's in mint condition and bagged and boarded.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:18 pm 

one sold for $70 in aug, 2010
another sold for $35 in may, 2011 (uk sale)

one sold in april, 2014 but I don't have the price on that one
Insidious AD&D Module TSR1 Die Cast Games | #522482551

NTRPG con 2015, $85
Re: North Texas RPG Convention 2015: June 4-7

NTRPG con 2014, $80 (signed by Jeff Easley)
Re: North Texas RPG Convention 2014: June 5-8

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:41 pm 

Thank you misterspock!  That's very helpful.   :)

I should have also added that I am open to buyers from these forums as well, but I am working on a Classifieds post including this adventure plus many others.   8)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:04 pm 

A signed Easley one just brought $450 on the Facebook NTRPG page..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3104342 ... 5070074631

Partly because the cause that the $$ is going towards but this module should still get you easily $100 +

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:19 pm 

lordan wrote in RE: TSR1 - Insidious (1st Printing) - Die Cast Games, Inc.:A signed Easley one just brought $450 on the Facebook NTRPG page..

Partly because the cause that the $$ is going towards but this module should still get you easily $100 +

Mine's in the Classifieds for $250.00, but it's not signed or going to a good cause.  Just me.  :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:33 pm 

lordan wrote in RE: TSR1 - Insidious (1st Printing) - Die Cast Games, Inc.:A signed Easley one just brought $450 on the Facebook NTRPG page..

Unsigned probably max $100. The one that went for $450 was signed by Easley, plus it was for Doug Rhea (cancer treatment bills) and NTRPG con.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:34 pm 

Badmike wrote in RE: TSR1 - Insidious (1st Printing) - Die Cast Games, Inc.:

Unsigned probably max $100. The one that went for $450 was signed by Easley, plus it was for Doug Rhea (cancer treatment bills) and NTRPG con.

Mike B.

How soon do you want to sell it?

$100?  You can get that right now.

$150 - $200?  You'll have to be a bit patient, but it's possible...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:56 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote in RE: TSR1 - Insidious (1st Printing) - Die Cast Games, Inc.:
Badmike wrote in RE: TSR1 - Insidious (1st Printing) - Die Cast Games, Inc.:

Mike B.

How soon do you want to sell it?

$100?  You can get that right now.

$150 - $200?  You'll have to be a bit patient, but it's possible...

I am in no hurry at all.  I am not confident it'll sell at $250.00, but I can lower the price over time if I wish.  eBay is strange in what some people will pay sometimes.   8)

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:26 pm 

If you have access to the Facebook auction page, you should put it there where it will generate a lot of interest to the right people.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RPGAuctions/

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:05 am 

Invincible Overlord wrote in RE: TSR1 - Insidious (1st Printing) - Die Cast Games, Inc.:If you have access to the Facebook auction page, you should put it there where it will generate a lot of interest to the right people.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RPGAuctions/

Exactly!! I find I am willing to pay more for for an item from RPG Auctions, etc., than I would say, on feebay. Mainly because I am friends with, or feel I know better, the people...in a Facebook kind of way :)

Much like this place, the communities there are full of good people......I guess when I can creep on their profile, see what they did at Disney last year, dressed their dog as for Halloween, or what they had for dinner...it gives me a sense of comfort from who I am buying from  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Seriously though, I throw around too much money because of the community (and my love for good whiskey!!)...and there are plenty of other fools like me there :)

BTW.... I'm Matt Roberts on Facebook  :wink:

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:19 pm 

Lordan wrote in RE: TSR1 - Insidious (1st Printing) - Die Cast Games, Inc.:Exactly!! I find I am willing to pay more for for an item from RPG Auctions, etc., than I would say, on feebay. Mainly because I am friends with, or feel I know better, the people...in a Facebook kind of way :)

Agreed. AND, I find that I sometimes get a MUCH better deal from the sellers on FB than I ever would on eBay.
BTW, hit up Mad Scribbler on Facebook with a friend request if you are interested.

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:19 pm 

Lordan wrote in RE: TSR1 - Insidious (1st Printing) - Die Cast Games, Inc.:Exactly!! I find I am willing to pay more for for an item from RPG Auctions, etc., than I would say, on feebay. Mainly because I am friends with, or feel I know better, the people...in a Facebook kind of way :)

Agreed. AND, I find that I sometimes get a MUCH better deal from the sellers on FB than I ever would on eBay.
BTW, hit up Mad Scribbler on Facebook with a friend request if you are interested.