CSWE 4th print
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:10 pm 

Hi all!

I'm trying to figure out a fair value for a 4th print City-State of the World Emperor. It's complete: 2 brown maps, city map, and the city/guidebook/shops books. The brown maps are unused and minty/bagged, the city map has a little curling along the edge as always, since it is large, but is extremely nice, and the 3 books are basically mint, even the staples are shiny. There are two lines of light penciling on the back of the City book, but aside from that no stains, writing, tears, crack cocaine residue etc.
Anyone?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:22 pm 

Deadlord wrote in CSWE 4th print:Hi all!

I'm trying to figure out a fair value for a 4th print City-State of the World Emperor. It's complete: 2 brown maps, city map, and the city/guidebook/shops books. The brown maps are unused and minty/bagged, the city map has a little curling along the edge as always, since it is large, but is extremely nice, and the 3 books are basically mint, even the staples are shiny. There are two lines of light penciling on the back of the City book, but aside from that no stains, writing, tears, crack cocaine residue etc.
Anyone?

The only way to price this is ebay sold listings and perhaps facebook sales groups if you've kept track. A year ago I had data on JG items but I'm so out of date in tracking prices I no longer have any idea of its current sales history.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:50 pm 

The only eBay auction was for a very rough 2nd print, for $200. I'll try and figure out the FaceCrook auction thingy, I am completely unfamiliar with them. I just need a ballpark figure.
Funny, I despise social media, but I do hope their auction offering takes off and drives eBay into the dust.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:31 am 

Deadlord wrote in CSWE 4th print:The only eBay auction was for a very rough 2nd print, for $200. I'll try and figure out the FaceCrook auction thingy, I am completely unfamiliar with them. I just need a ballpark figure.
Funny, I despise social media, but I do hope their auction offering takes off and drives eBay into the dust.

My out of date guestemate would be between $80 and $120 - I would have said the parts alone would go for around $50-$60. But I haven't looked into the sales of this supplement in well over a year.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:35 am 

try just putting in World Emperor in your ebay search. I found 7 active auctions for parts and a number of sold listings. The only complete one sold that I saw was in Nov for $160

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:24 pm 

Yes, that was the one I saw. The books were pretty beat, most of the pages were heavily written in and stickered, etc.